Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Three Strike Rule on COMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
What are your guys thoughts on the new rule?

I personally don't like it because I do offer a lot of 50% offers and only because they have them priced to where I would only pay 50% of what they are asking. Then they decline it and it starts over. Now you can only offer on a card three times(in a certain period of time?) Thought I read that but now I'm not sure.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'm ok with it, keeps people from nickel and diming stuff. Put up or shut up I say, 3 offers is plenty to tip your hand unless your playing games.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I agree with the rule. I have way too many buyers who will just keep offering the same 50% offer over and over even after I reject them. 3 offers is more than enough to have fair negotiations.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I did see this. Going by the responses on the blog, it seems to be caused by one person, who I guess has been doing this a lot with many sellers. Or, just maybe, this is an issue with a bunch of men who are afraid of a woman being successful in their business (so says one seller there, who seems to be a little out of touch with reality). If some sellers were better at negotiating, or were more realistic with their prices, this may not be as much of an issue (or if sellers would get the hint after one or two rejections).

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I did see this. Going by the responses on the blog, it seems to be caused by one person, who I guess has been doing this a lot with many sellers. Or, just maybe, this is an issue with a bunch of men who are afraid of a woman being successful in their business (so says one seller there, who seems to be a little out of touch with reality). If some sellers were better at negotiating, or were more realistic with their prices, this may not be as much of an issue (or if sellers would get the hint after one or two rejections).

Well this isn't entirely true... she is actually a he who is becoming a she one step at a time.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
I would prefer if you could just block certain people from making offers. There are a few people on there that just send me the same terrible offers. They will put 20 cards in their cart that I have listed at 20 cents each and offer me 50 percent. So basically I am paying them to take the cards at that point. I mean I am not paying storage fees on a card listed at 20 cents so why would I take a loss.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Are you able to message sellers yet on COMCs? I am fine with this rule if they develop a way to contact the seller maybe? I think the rule might make sense if people are basically getting spammed by notorious 50% offer people

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Are you able to message sellers yet on COMCs? I am fine with this rule if they develop a way to contact the seller maybe? I think the rule might make sense if people are basically getting spammed by notorious 50% offer people

According to the blog they won't add messages. I am ok with that as well keeps me from typing out nasty messages when they counter offer at 20x eBay prices.

studioclint

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago

I hope they don't make it where buyers can contact sellers. That would probably make me leave the site. The joy of selling on COMC for me is not having to communicate with crazy people like on ebay.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
According to the blog they won't add messages. I am ok with that as well keeps me from typing out nasty messages when they counter offer at 20x eBay prices.

I can see why they won't add messages as it prevents people from working deals off the site. I really don't get what all the fuss is about here. If you offer 50% and it gets rejected, just move on. Offering the same thing 3 times probably isn't going to make the seller change his mind. And if I received a message from a buyer telling me my prices were too high I wouldn't take it very kindly either.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
What is the time frame? Forever you can only offer 3 times? If there is like a six month time limit or year I'm cool with that.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
That's not very smart. At all.

on the contrary, it all depends on what you value most. Your money or time, wants and needs....

I would simply find it foolish to waste lowball offers back and forth to save a few bucks when I could simply offer what I am willing to pay.

Feb 9, 2012
Why not at least let the sellers contact the buyers? Don't let the buyers initiate the contact, but if the seller has a certain price in mind to accept, let them message that to the buyer and give the buyer a response back.

Members online

Latest posts