Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which Rookies From the '12 Draft Will You Be Buying?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Whether it's PC, or a sleeper investment, once the products start getting cranked out, who will you be after?

My big one is going to be Marvin McNutt, although I'll be pretty picky with what I pick up of his. Hopefully he'll have an on-card auto in SPA... assuming it gets made. I also hope Elite looks better this year, because I always liked chasing the parallels of my guys from that. And I'll pick up a few of his Chromes as well.

From a Vikings standpoint, I'll probably pick up a couple of Jarius Wright and Greg Childs autos - I don't see either costing too much.

At some point, I'll try to pick up autos of RGIII and Andrew Luck, too. I'll probably wait until Chrome releases and try to get a refractor auto of each.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, only 1 Pitt player has anything so far (Lucas Nix is in UD and Leaf Draft) and since no Pitt player got drafted I don't see that changing.

I doubt I'll go after any of the Steelers draft picks, although I might pick up a few of DeCastro & Spence.

I'm probably just going to continue to pick up cards for my existing player PC's.

UWHusky11

Mar 29, 2012
Seattle, WA
I'll be picking up whatever nice NCAA Polk cards catch my eye. Strictly Husky stuff.

Well done with the Husky stuff! I have a couple dozen Polk cards from Leaf Meal so far and hope to get more. Unfortunately I think there is some time before he gets his opportunity though.

I have also been picking up Doug Martin and Stephen Hill stuff. I also have a small set of Brock Osweiler cards but wont go haywire with those just yet.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
While I'll likely pick up assorted Hurricanes, the main guy I'd focus on from the class is Lamar Miller, and perhaps Sean Spence. With Spence, I'd never be able to go all out if I wanted to because I'd have to compete with the Steeler nation, and they have deep pockets. I will likely pick up a few nice Millers and the usual "staple" items like a Contenders and SPA (if SPA is done this year).

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
This is the first year I decided to load up on the off brand stuff like Press Pass and Sage. Also Leaf products. I figure I have little to lose for a couple bucks an auto when buying from sellers offering combined shipping. I am NOT buying the big names yet. I will wait for the more widely collected NFL cards to come out, most notably Topps and Topps Chrome. That stuff makes a good quick grade and flip if nothing else. Right now I am backing up the truck on some of the less heralded players I think could start right away: Lamar Miller, T.Y. Hilton, Isaiah Pead, Brian Quick, Joe Adams, Mohamed Sanu, Kendall Wright, Stephen Hill, Doug Martin. I'd also grab David Wilson if he actually had more than a card or two. My two longer term guys are Nick Foles and Bobby Rainey. Not much to lose at a couple bucks per auto on any of this stuff.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Well done with the Husky stuff! I have a couple dozen Polk cards from Leaf Meal so far and hope to get more. Unfortunately I think there is some time before he gets his opportunity though.

I have also been picking up Doug Martin and Stephen Hill stuff. I also have a small set of Brock Osweiler cards but wont go haywire with those just yet.

Keep me in mind if you ever find yourself with a spare Polk purple refractor from Metal ;)

03supto

Jul 25, 2010
depends who makes the rosters....

Lamichael James, David Paulson, Josh Kaddu only...

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks to winning a Topps Twitter contest, my first auto of a Bengals draft pick came in today.

2012 Inception Mohamed Sanu
attachment.php

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
HaHa! I will let you know! I think the word "spare" is the problem at the moment. I do have one in my set.

I haven't seen any purples hit ebay for quite awhile now, so I'm worried they've all dried up. Granted, the refractor I have is nice, but there's nothing like having a purple parallel of a purple and gold player.

Members online

Latest posts