Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Feel I've just been screwed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Simple8

May 21, 2012
Atlanta
Tell me if I'm overreacting. I purchased a Psa 10 Trevor Plouffe rookie on eBay 6 days ago. I won the auction for $15.00. I have noticed over the last couple of days that the card has been selling at around the $100 dollar level. The person I won the card from just sent me a full refund through Paypal, so I have my money. The seller states that he is out of stock and cannot find the card on the eBay message. This card was for my personal collection as I really don't sell cards. If this is true and he lost it thats fine and I move on. But he states in the reason box from Paypal that he will "advice in future if the card is found and at the value of the card at that time" any opinions?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Drop a neg. Then remember the card, because that will be a $25 card max in a few months. No offense to Plouffe, but c'mon, we've all seen this play out before.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I wouldn't even bother trying to negotiate with him. He's earned a neg - maybe he won't be so hasty to renege on a valid sale in the future.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
eBay could suspend the OPs account for Feedback extortion.

That's not Feedback Extortion, it's trying to complete the purchase. The buyer is giving the seller one more chance to make it right -- the card for the money -- otherwise, he will leave a negative.

This is the complete OPPOSITE of feedback extortion.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
You can't make him ship you the card and with the return of funds it's pretty much over. Best you can do is neg and block him.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I don't know if Ebay would do anything if you had proof in the future, but you could write down the PSA serial number and see if it pops up again.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Tell me if I'm overreacting. I purchased a Psa 10 Trevor Plouffe rookie on eBay 6 days ago. I won the auction for $15.00. I have noticed over the last couple of days that the card has been selling at around the $100 dollar level. The person I won the card from just sent me a full refund through Paypal, so I have my money. The seller states that he is out of stock and cannot find the card on the eBay message. This card was for my personal collection as I really don't sell cards. If this is true and he lost it thats fine and I move on. But he states in the reason box from Paypal that he will "advice in future if the card is found and at the value of the card at that time" any opinions?

Are you talking about the base Bowman Chrome RC? If so, then it is not a $100 card. A BGS 9.5 Gold Refractor just sold for $81 two days ago. The seller might be telling the truth.

Members online

Latest posts