Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Leaf Sports Icons : The Search for Josh Gibson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks.

I am very curious as to when and where BG acquired the Gibson auto for this product. His auto just sold in the last REA and Leland's auctions...

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Couple questions.

Why the big deal about it selling out? There are only 299 cases of this stuff, sure it's going to sell out. That's the amount some people here bust of Bowman!

And why does only the Gibson have his pic on it? Why not the other cuts, especially the Ali? I thought Leaf had an Ali deal?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Couple questions.

Why the big deal about it selling out? There are only 299 cases of this stuff, sure it's going to sell out. That's the amount some people here bust of Bowman!

And why does only the Gibson have his pic on it? Why not the other cuts, especially the Ali? I thought Leaf had an Ali deal?

I think anytime a product sells out in less then 24 hours its a big deal. Sure only 299 cases but dont forget Leaf is still a small fish compared to Topps and others.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I don't know if the Gibson auto BG has is as clean as the mock-up on the product page I just saw, but if it is, it's worth well over $40-$50K.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008

I'm guessing that this is the one he bought. It looks like, with careful cutting, he could use the Paige from the reverse in the product as well. Good price, and the timing of this sell sheet right after this auction ended makes me think that this is the one. Hope that auto fits in the card!

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/Auct...522~Josh-Gibson-Signed-Album-Page-(PSA-MINT-9)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I'm guessing that this is the one he bought. It looks like, with careful cutting, he could use the Paige from the reverse in the product as well. Good price, and the timing of this sell sheet right after this auction ended makes me think that this is the one. Hope that auto fits in the card!

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/69356/Spring-2012-Catalog-Auction/Sports/*****-League-Latin-Japan-and-International-Baseball/Lot522~Josh-Gibson-Signed-Album-Page-(PSA-MINT-9)

Great piece; pretty shocked to see the price only hit $22.5K

Members online

Latest posts