Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody notice how boring A&G swatches are this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I'm talking about the non-baseball ones. Baseball ones have always been one color except for the teams that have stripes. But in past years you would get some interesting non-sports multi-color swatches.

So far this year, I've only seen a Bobby Knight that had even a hint of multi-color.

I know that we are still very early in the release, and the big case busters might be keeping the nice looking ones for themselves, but so far it's been a big yawn fest in terms of diversity of swatches.

Here are some interesting ones...
Scan0031.jpg
Scan0264.jpg
Scan0080.jpg
Scan0160.jpg
Scan0532.jpg
SCAN1031.jpg

2011 had a ton of nicer looking ones, so just picking this one.
Scan0059.jpg

But look at completed listings and I'm not seeing anything like that this year.

22 Arnold Palmer's have ended, all one color.
23 Federer have ended and maybe one of them might have had a slight color (but also could have been a bad scan)
15 Gumbel all one color
19 Dukes all one color
and the list just goes on.

So is this an example of small sample sizes, or do you think this is the way it is going to be this year?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I pulled a Bob Knight with Red, Black and a sliver of Tan.

Of course, the case is scratched to heck and has several dents in the plastic. To top it off it looks oily inside the frame (how toploaders look sometimes)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts