Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Todd Frazier - HOLD or SELL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Frazier has been making the most of Joey Votto's absence. He has put himself at the top of the list
for NL ROY Honors.

Being i live 15 minutes away from where he played little league and highschool ball he is a local hero. His brother Jeff who had a cup of coffee in the big leagues with the Tigers (he had 2 hits againt Dice K a few years ago) Struck me out in HighSchool. So ive been a follower of the Frazier brothers for a long time.

Im trying not to grow attached to the 3 Todd Frazier cards i picked up 5 years ago for practically next to nothing.

2 of the 3 cards recently sold on ebay with some motivating final sales.

BGS 10 2007 Bowman Sterling $ 154.00
Raw 2007 Bowman Sterling Black Refractor /25 $ 175
( i own # 1/25) Im sure if i had it slabbed it would be a 9.5
as its a very clean card.

The 3rd card i picked up back in 07' is numbered the same as his Superfractor 1/1

2007 Donruss Extra Edition #133 Auto Status Black 1/1
i put it up on ebay for less than a day to see what kind of interest was out there. i got offers as high as 400$.
Its a set that i would not normally look to buy as it's a sticker auto set
with the players in their college uniforms. I'd assume that most non prospect collectors like myself wouldn't even know what the cards looked like. I think Heyward, Stanton and Phil Hughes were the big cards in the set.
DCF367BB-09F3-4423-B49C-B2A31339863D-7707-0000093754D7B136.jpg

If the Reds make the playoffs would a playoff series in the national spotlight have a similar effect on his stuff like it did with Longoria's 1st Round vs. Chicago in 2008 ? Granted i don't expect him to hit a bunch of HR's but would the increase in hype be a potential substantial increase as opposed to his prices right now?

I don't buy to flip but i pretty much forgot i even owned them as i put them in my rookie box and hadn't looked at them since i got them in 2007. Im trying not to develop feelings being hes a local guy but i dont know what i should do.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Sell! You yourself said you don't like the sticker autos. Sell all 3 and buy yourself a game used bat of his if you want something of his for the PC

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
If you are going to sell, I would sell now. Joey Votto is coming back this weekend. The talk of the town is where they are going to find a place to play Frazier everyday once he is back. There is a good chance that he will become a part-time player when Votto is back because Dusty Baker is stubborn about playing his veterans. I think he will find a way to get Frazier in there quite a bit (hopefully), but he won't be playing everyday anymore.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
If you are going to sell, I would sell now. Joey Votto is coming back this weekend. The talk of the town is where they are going to find a place to play Frazier everyday once he is back. There is a good chance that he will become a part-time player when Votto is back because Dusty Baker is stubborn about playing his veterans. I think he will find a way to get Frazier in there quite a bit (hopefully), but he won't be playing everyday anymore.

100% agree with everything said here.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Agree with everyone sell!!!

Big Mac you ever go to Dr. Wax Battle card shop? i remember he was big on Frazier because he was local guy.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I might risk my small stash on the playoffs. He has been the Reds' MVP after the All-Star break.
I think his stuff can rise more. Chromes are under $30.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I might risk my small stash on the playoffs. He has been the Reds' MVP after the All-Star break.
I think his stuff can rise more. Chromes are under $30.

Yes but they're up from just a couple dollars. Unless he goes on an absolute tear I don't see his prices going too much higher. Especially with votto coming back and the reds not knowing where to put him.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
He's gonna get ABs.

It's been widely speculated that Bruce will move to CF, Ludwick RF, and Frazier play LF. That would be the everyday lineup. Stubbs would likely come in late in games as a defensive replacement and they would all shift back.

Members online

Latest posts