Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Was that the worst call in NFL history?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Absolute terrible call to end the game last night. As a Bears fan I kind of like it but as a football fan these refs have for to go. I wonder if one of them had Golden Tate on their fantasy team?

Was this the worst call in history or am I forgetting one?

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
It was the worst call in recent memory for me. The entire game was the worst officiated I've ever witnessed. I'm a Packers fan but they did get the benefit of a couple lousy calls earlier in the game making these officials equal opportunity dolts. The last play will be shown a few hundred times on ESPN alone this week. It's huge. Good-bye scabs unless Goodell really wants to let the integrity and image of the game suffer further damage.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I really hope that this is the end of the replacement refs. There has been some god awful calls in the last 3 weeks. Even using slow motion replay

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Everyone kept asking: "how long until a bad call directly effects the end outcome of a game?"

It has officially happened. Most I can do is roll my eyes.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Interesting to see how the NFL ignores this one, I wonder if they will issue another memo

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
I'm sure there will be some that won't be turning on the games til they get real refs in place

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I would like to see the official ruling on the call by the league..

I know it looked bad, but Tate did have his arm between the ball and Jennings chest..

There were so many bad and missed calls (for both sides) in last nights game as well as a few other games this last weekend, that Goodell should seriously consider coming to ana agreement with the real refs!

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I would like to see the official ruling on the call by the league..

I know it looked bad, but Tate did have his arm between the ball and Jennings chest..

There were so many bad and missed calls (for both sides) in last nights game as well as a few other games this last weekend, that Goodell should seriously consider coming to ana agreement with the real refs!

What video/image did you see that? When Jennings was on the ground, he had clear control of the ball. Only after there was wrestling going on did Tate have his arm in there.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
As a huge Packers fan I now have Golden Tate on my XXXX list. The Seahawks displayed constant dirty play last night, most of which the ref's missed. Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, and Kam Chancellor....we'll remember you. Ask Cris Carter how we forget.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
NFL says its the right call and Seahawk fans on SBNation are trying very hard to defend it, OMG what a bunch of loonie toons on that sight.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
As a huge Packers fan I now have Golden Tate on my XXXX list. The Seahawks displayed constant dirty play last night, most of which the ref's missed. Golden Tate, Brandon Browner, and Kam Chancellor....we'll remember you. Ask Cris Carter how we forget.

Not trying to disrespect you but c'mon I mean you guys got outplayed all game. The reason you got the one TD was a bogus Defensive pass interference call that kept the drive alive. The offensive line was horrible at best. I mean offensive juggernaut you guys aren't (unlike last year) but to make it sound like your going to "get" them next time you play is just bad sportsmanship. Chalk it up as a loss right or wrong and move on

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Not trying to disrespect you but c'mon I mean you guys got outplayed all game. The reason you got the one TD was a bogus Defensive pass interference call that kept the drive alive. The offensive line was horrible at best. I mean offensive juggernaut you guys aren't (unlike last year) but to make it sound like your going to "get" them next time you play is just bad sportsmanship. Chalk it up as a loss right or wrong and move on

Who knows if they had to punt what happens next so to say the wouldn't have every scored is a fallacy. Packers most certainly would have gotten the ball back again.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
While the call was horrible I am more annoyed with Pete Carrol and Golden Tate.

Tate banging his chest and flexing to the crowd like he just made some amazing catch. Then he refuses to comment on the blatant push off and then proceeds to point up to the sky to the Lord?!?! Thank you Lord for making me a cheap ass player....

Then Pete Carrol is out on the field jumping around giving the TD signal like he is the head ref. Running around and acting like a little kid that just won the Super Bowl. He then refuses to acknowledge anything and is grinning ear to ear during the post game on field interview.

GRRRRRRR!!! It still pisses me off watching the end of that game for the 2000th time today.

Mine isn't from officiating.. Mine is whoever made the call to start Cleo Lemon at quarterback for the dolphins.

Actually if you use ruling and the stats from the game golden Tate DID make that catch therefore chest pounding is acceptable. Not to mention there hasn't been a pi called on a Hail Mary since.. Ever.

Last edited:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Mine isn't from officiating.. Mine is whoever made the call to start Cleo Lemon at quarterback for the dolphins.

Actually if you use ruling and the stats from the game golden Tate DID make that catch therefore chest pounding is acceptable. Not to mention there hasn't been a pi called on a Hail Mary since.. Ever.

So you think OJ is innocent then?

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Not to mention there hasn't been a pi called on a Hail Mary since.. Ever.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. So sick of hearing about the PI.

What did people expect Tate to do, refuse to accept the ruling, argue with the refs that he didn't make the catch? Replacerees called it a TD and they got the win, EVERY single player in the NFL would have taken it too. It was a bad call and it sucks but life goes on.

Better stop now before I get accused of supporting the murder of white women too.

Members online

Latest posts