Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rangers Should Fire Ron Washington, Hire Terry Francona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Assuming Baltimore wins, of course. Wash isn't a particularly good manager, particularly when it comes to in-game strategy. Not impressed with the guy.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Nope. He has a stacked team. He will end up having a career like Mike Hargrove, who did fine with those great Indians teams but never finished the deal. Not saying he's a bad manager, just that he doesn't bring anything to the table and hurts them with his weak in game strategy.

EDIT: I might get flamed here if Texas cranks a grand slam. :lol:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
People always say this about managers when their teams lose in the postseason multiple times.
Managers are always the scapegoats and it's wrong.
Washington hasn't been a manager very long and he's already made two World Series.
Remember, the legendary Bobby Cox's Braves teams made the playoffs every season for like 12 straight years, and he only won one World Series.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Assuming Baltimore wins, of course. Wash isn't a particularly good manager, particularly when it comes to in-game strategy. Not impressed with the guy.

I think your crazy, Wash is a great coach I was pissed when Oakland didnt make him their manager. he cant control the play on the field he had his team in first place all but 3 days of the season.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Maybe I'm indifferent, but I don't think Washington should be fired. He seems to be well respected by his players and, from what I've seen, seems to make the right decisions for the most part.

I obviously watched the game tonight and watched 2 of the last 3 games vs Oakland, and there really isn't anything I would've done differently in any scenario. Washington is a smart baseball man.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Also to add, and I can't comment on this b/c I'm not a Rangers fan, but if most fans appreciate Wash, the Rangers would be fools to fire him.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
That loss can be put on Hamilton and Beltre not Washington. Not going to win many games when your 3 and 4 hitters go hitless.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
He should have never pulled Darvish in the 7th w/ 2 outs other than that he can't help the offense sputtering down the stretch. Washington is a great players manager, he can be frustrating at times but he has done a lot for Rangers baseball which up until 2009 aside from 98-2000 years has been pretty unremarkable.

Frow

Yes, Francona's 0 winning seasons before getting hired on to the second highest payroll in the league with future hall of fame talent will mean he'll be able to take this aging team back to the world series and win it all!

Members online

Latest posts