Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New eBay format allows us to see how many watchers an item has that we are not selling...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
With eBay's new UI, we can now see how many watchers an item has. For me, I like it, because I can see how many people I'm competing against at most.

How do you feel about it?

Attachments

• greenberg ebay cap.JPG
    greenberg ebay cap.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 110

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
With eBay's new UI, we can now see how many watchers an item has. For me, I like it, because I can see how many people I'm competing against at most.

I'm willing to bet this won't last as it will most likely result in lower selling prices.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois

watchers don't always mean they will be bidders. I have things in my watch list to see if I can sell them

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
watchers don't always mean they will be bidders. I have things in my watch list to see if I can sell them
As do I. But I think there is some value knowing how many people considered taking the time to look at this item either for research or to buy, regardless. You can maybe tell if you could get a steal, or something at fair value.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I will be more likely to bid higher on items I want if I know there are more people watching it. And it will definitely make me quicker to hit BIN's or make higher offers on best offers if I know there is competition.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
If people see a bunch of watchers some will be less likely to bid figuring they have no shot.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

I would assume that eBay is considering the opposite to be true; seeing that several other people are watching might make people feel as if they need to up their max bid.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I would assume that eBay is considering the opposite to be true; seeing that several other people are watching might make people feel as if they need to up their max bid.

I guess I don't understand why eBay holds information and data like this back in the first place? If I were eBay, I'd have it on every auction how many people have viewed, how many are watching, bidding, offering, etc. I would even provide historical sale prices or a range or book value or something else. As far as I'm concerned, if I was a large stock holder of eBay, this is a no-brainer because they're in all this to make money and the more stuff like this I think drives prices up, whcih in turn drive their fees up.

dodgerblue

Jul 12, 2012
Does anyone know why some people have that screen (that shows # of people of watching) and others have the old screen. I personally would love to know how many others are looking at an item.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I guess I don't understand why eBay holds information and data like this back in the first place? If I were eBay, I'd have it on every auction how many people have viewed, how many are watching, bidding, offering, etc. I would even provide historical sale prices or a range or book value or something else. As far as I'm concerned, if I was a large stock holder of eBay, this is a no-brainer because they're in all this to make money and the more stuff like this I think drives prices up, whcih in turn drive their fees up.
Agreed.

I like this new format (one of the few ebay changes I've liked :lol:) and if it were me,
I would allow everyone to see each other's offers on BINs as well.

Members online

Latest posts