Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coolest play you remember seeing in a baseball game on TV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider408

Oct 10, 2012
Also, but not really a play, but Nolan Ryan beating up Robin Ventura like he was his daddy!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Asdrubal Cabrera's barehanded play, falling on his ass, while the ball redirected was the first thing that came to my mind. That was unbelievable.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I don't know about on tv, but the best play I saw in person was Endy Chavez's "the catch", robbing Scott Rolen in game 7 of the '06 NLCS

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
griffey.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
This play was so amazing to watch on tv waaaaaaayyyyy back when I was a kid. Can remember at first being annoyed that Joe Ferguson cut in front of a favorite player of mine, Jimmy Wynn, to make the play, but when I saw the throw and Steve Yeager's tag? So awesome.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I've seen many amazing highlights, but the best play that occurred during a game I was watching? The catch so save Beurhle's gem from the replacement CF.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
the video seems to have been removed from youtube but the Jose Canseco 5th deck homerun in Skydome is my favorite highlight. Remember watching the game on tv back in the day. Have also seen some great catches by Griffey Jr like the spiderman one in Seattle that stick out in memory.

dmarren349

Oct 31, 2010
Indianapolis
Was at the game where Mark Buehrle tossed the ball between his legs and Konerko grabbed it bare handed for the out.. Or how about Randy Johnson nailing that bird.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
While there are many great candidates here, the one I'd have to mention as a new candidate is a ball donking off Jose's empty head and going over the wall for a homer. What timing for a major leaguer to miss catching the ball entirely and then have the luck to hit off his head just right to go over the wall.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I never really understood why the Mitchell play was so great. I've seen drunken fans catch balls with their beer cups that was more impressive. I've seen many fans catch a ball with a single bare hand too.

What always made me shake my head is that the reason Mitchell has to catch it with his bare hand is b/c he took a horrible route to the ball and misjudged it. The Ozzie Smith and Asdrubal Cabrera bare handed plays are more impressive b/c they used their bare hand at a split-second moment to react and still threw the ball to first to make the out.

Members online

Latest posts