Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name a Player Collection you want to start but haven't and why.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I would love to start a Gorman Thomas collection but I already have too many going now!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Mike Piazza.

Huge fan growing up, had a ton of base and low level inserts over a decade ago, he was and is just an expensive player to collect (beinh linked to LA and NY markets hurts).

Sent from my Vortex using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Not baseball but I was just perusing eBay and COMC last night looking at Kevin McHale cards. I used to be a big Celtics fan in the 80's and he was my favorite. I'd probably collect him.

Problem is, though, whenever I want to start another collecting project I'm gungho for a couple of weeks and then I realize "This is just taking money away from my Olerud collecting" and I abandon it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I have thought about doing vintage runs of Twins players but I don't want to pull money away from my Kirby Puckett pc. I did trade for a Tony Oliva Topps run last year though.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Dan Uggla. I collected him before. Wish I didn't dump most everything. Last thing I need is another PC that I get sidetracked on ...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Matt Read.

While I understand that the majority of hockey products are opened in CANADA, I don't want to spend $5 in shipping on a $2 card.

He also doesn't have a ton of stuff out.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
JJ Watt. No sooner do I start looking for stuff, then his price trend up and he gets a story in ESPN The Mag, <-- meaning 5 more people will read about him :benson:

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Nomar or Piazza. My two favorite players going through college, but their legions of fans don't make their stuff overly affordable.

Football-wise, I'd love to pick up some RG3 Chrome ref autos, but their prices are far beyond my means

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Either Frank Thomas or Ken Griffey Jr. . I loved watching both, especially jr but they would cost serious money, didn't play for Houston, and have way too many collectors. I'd be fighting tooth and nail for every auto or rare card. And in Griffey's case, the money would be just ridiculous!

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
Chipper.
And not the high-end ...
I just want to collect cool inserts, die cuts & refractors.

If a huge lot cam along, i'd buy it to jump start a collection.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I am a big Todd Helton fan. Individual cards wouldnt be too expensive, but he has a crazy huge amount of cards because he was THE Rockies player to put into insert and GU sets for many years. If i started collecting him i would want them all, and I could go broke buying them all up.

Members online

Latest posts