Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

first time I've gotten this message on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
ive had messages blocked but never this

ebay.jpg

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I read back a few weeks that eBay, knows more, and more deals are ending off there site. They said they were going to charge you the finalization fee based on when you end it. It's seems they are now asking you if, in fact you did this off eBay. I can see people getting tossed if they end to many auctions in say a short period.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Instead of putting your paypal addy as rumman151@gmail type it as rumman151 at gmail dot com

People have sent it to me that way.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Instead of putting your paypal addy as rumman151@gmail type it as rumman151 at gmail dot com

People have sent it to me that way.

I've done my fair share of offline deals and that's what I usually do. Although I had one person send their email and had it blocked in the message. Never received that non delivery email from eBay though.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I have not seen that, but then I again I don't make offers for offline transactions or reply favorably to them when I get them. But I have heard of eBay monitoring communication for awhile for just this type of thing. I don't blame them a bit, frankly. There is no reason why they should idly stand by and let people conduct transactions using their platform without getting compensated for it.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I read back a few weeks that eBay, knows more, and more deals are ending off there site. They said they were going to charge you the finalization fee based on when you end it. It's seems they are now asking you if, in fact you did this off eBay. I can see people getting tossed if they end to many auctions in say a short period.

my auction was a BIN OBO and it didnt end. I barely do auction style on my jackets

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
I have not seen that, but then I again I don't make offers for offline transactions or reply favorably to them when I get them. But I have heard of eBay monitoring communication for awhile for just this type of thing. I don't blame them a bit, frankly. There is no reason why they should idly stand by and let people conduct transactions using their platform without getting compensated for it.

a lot of times I do this to meet middle ground with a buyers offer, sometimes they are not willing to pay what I need through ebay so I offer the lower price only if they pay me pp direct to save fees so it evens out. both buyer and seller happy but ebay is not....lol

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
They must have installed some sort of software that can recognize certain words. I just completed an off Ebay deal with messages very similar to yours just last week.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I saw a similar message once while trying to send a counter-offer on a fixed price listing to a potential buyer. I think the word "paypal" in my message is what caused a red flag. I removed the word paypal from my message and it went through.

speedmasterp

Nov 5, 2012
Baltimore, MD
If someone has a BIN w/o best offer, and it's higher than I'm willing to pay I'll send a general message stating:

Hi, are you interested in moving this card for $X? I'm willing to pay by any method you're comfortable with".

Hopefully they can pick up on the idea that I'm willing to pay direct. But if they aren't comfortable with I feel like it doesn't sound like I'm specifically asking them to sell off eBay. Hopefully that would keep me protected.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
If someone has a BIN w/o best offer, and it's higher than I'm willing to pay I'll send a general message stating:

Hi, are you interested in moving this card for $X? I'm willing to pay by any method you're comfortable with".

Hopefully they can pick up on the idea that I'm willing to pay direct. But if they aren't comfortable with I feel like it doesn't sound like I'm specifically asking them to sell off eBay. Hopefully that would keep me protected.

I feel like a lot of peopel have no clue how to pay for something on ebay through paypal direct. I usually send this message to people when I receive an offer close to what im looking for. most of the time I get people saying theyre not comfortable doing off ebay, or how do we do that?

" thanks for the offer I would be willing to do $$$ delivered if you can pay pp direct. if you want to move forward send me your pp address and ill send you an invoice"

never ran into any problems until a few weeks ago some of my messages started getting blocked, and now today I received the one in this thread.

Members online

Latest posts