Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BAUER an Indian

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Crazy. He really wore out his welcome.
Ang got very little for him.

For DIDI??? an ok ss for a top 5 pick in 2011?????

Did he sleep with the GM's wife???

greg

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I wonder if Arizona will actually admit his makeup is what sent him packing.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Damn! They got squat. I wonder if there is more behind the scenes. I would have thought if they were willing to trade a pitcher prospect of that caliber, they'd get a better name player in return, or at least a proven star.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
You'd think at least half of the other teams would've been willing to give up more than that. Questionable...

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I would have trade aybar straight up for his potential. They got crap for him. Pretty odd.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
This may be one of the weirdest trades I have ever seen. I'm wondering what the Reds actually gave up here. I need to process this..

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
reds gave up a 1980's shortstop and a crappy rp for choo.
indians gave up donald duck and got bauer.

Crazy trade.

Hope this helps

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
This is one of the most surprising trades I've seen. Bauer must really not be liked to well in Arizona

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
I'm struggling to stay a D-backs fan these days. I can't really get behind their organizational direction right now. It's no secret they didn't like Bauer, but certainly they could've gotten more than this guy. Can't wait to see what garbage they get for Upton. I have zero confidence in this ownership group and Kevin Towers. I think I may be stepping back from spending money on the team for a while. I have no problem with losing or poor seasons, but this just seems like a backwards organization and the moves they make don't instill confidence in me as a fan that they're committed to winning.

sorry for the rant there, but I know I'm not alone here in AZ.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I cannot for the life of me figure out what Arizona is thinking here. They literally gave away their former #1 stud of a pitcher for NOTHING. What am I missing?

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
If you read between the lines or just the little bits and pieces reported, Bauer wasn't going to be a fit with the D-Backs organization.

Bauer was literally on his own program and regardless of potential, the team probably felt it wasn't worth the headache to have this guy in his own world while other unproven players have a little more grasp on who they are as pros as far as paying their dues.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I'm struggling to stay a D-backs fan these days. I can't really get behind their organizational direction right now. It's no secret they didn't like Bauer, but certainly they could've gotten more than this guy. Can't wait to see what garbage they get for Upton. I have zero confidence in this ownership group and Kevin Towers. I think I may be stepping back from spending money on the team for a while. I have no problem with losing or poor seasons, but this just seems like a backwards organization and the moves they make don't instill confidence in me as a fan that they're committed to winning.

sorry for the rant there, but I know I'm not alone here in AZ.

I feel you my friend!

I will say, KT is 1000x the gm that Byrnes was/is but this trade amazes me.

Anderson and Sipp are basically throw ins with Gregorius, who by reports needs at least another year in the minors.

Either the team really hated Bauer after the stuff with Montero went down and they viewed him as a cancer or there is something we dont know. Im really hoping its the later because this trade is hard to justify

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
He opened his mouth to the media during his call up and bad mouthed a veteran catcher.
The DBacks coaches are former major league all-stars who where blue collar type players don't see them taking to kindly to punk know it all kid. He made himself expendable with his character talent or not.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Ok so the Dbacks didnt care for Bauer. Whoever scouted him or whatever dback rep who was responsible for drafting him should be sent packing on this one.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Dang...didn't really want him to get traded, but was hoping it might be to a bigger market team. Guess I'll look forward to his next cards in an Indians uni

BauerTrevor_2012BowmanChromeDraftProspectAutographs_rainbow.jpg

Members online

Latest posts