Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody an expert on Jerseys? Authentic vr Replica?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sscards

Jul 18, 2010
I am going to be ordering a jersey to be signed at this years spring training and I was looking on eBay and i saw one but i wanted to make sure it was 100% legit before ordering and what color and pen i should use to get it signed. If anyone is an expert on this please PM me and i will send you a link to the listing.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
The ones on eBay are fake, the backs normally look ok but the front lettering tend to be off and the material is not the same as real ones. Stay way from them. A real authentic will cost $200+, replicas are about $100.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Personalized Authentic Jersey run from $193.99 (Yankees Home Jersey) to $308.99 (Colorado Rockies Alternate Jersey).

You won't be getting a real Authentic jersey for much cheaper than that. You may find a GU Jersey cheaper than a new one depending on the player.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
It's possible to get an authentic on eBay, but you need to know what to look for. I would not buy one already lettered unless it used the correct lettering and nameplate (if applicable). I have a copy of Bill Henderson's MLB Jersey Styles Guide, so I have a better idea what authentics should have and how they are tagged. Go ahead and PM the link and I'll give my opinion.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
It's pretty easy to tell if you look at the authentic Majestic tag at the bottom of the jersey.

Members online

Latest posts