Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just liquidated the collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Probably falls into the "who cares" category for most people, but after 15+ years of collecting I decided to let it all go. Dropped most everything of value at the consigner. Kind of a strange feeling and not sure I won't buy some things here and there but decided based on where I'm at that it was time. Some nice cards should hit eBay in auction over the next few days/weeks...

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Probably falls into the "who cares" category for most people, but after 15+ years of collecting I decided to let it all go. Dropped most everything of value at the consigner. Kind of a strange feeling and not sure I won't buy some things here and there but decided based on where I'm at that it was time. Some nice cards should hit eBay in auction over the next few days/weeks...

You always had some nice stuff. Good luck with whatever you choose to spend it on.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the sentiments.

For me it's a combination of factors. Between teaching during the day and grad school at night, life has gotten too busy to really keep up with collecting (especially since I generally fund new purchases with sales of other items). Also starting the job search process as I'm going to be transitioning from my current job and that takes time. Money was a factor as well. Grad School is $5500 a class, and so the money should help there.

I'm sure I'll find myself here fairly often since a community I enjoy and I've met a ton of great folks here. I imagine I'll probably stay engaged in the hobby at some level (possibly wait some time and then start over with a small collection or something) and regardless I know it's here if I want to jump back in.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Very sorry to hear and glad to hear you are going to stick around. Very great luck with your sales, I know you had quite the collection and you helped me out with a few of my PC items :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Don't forget to post a link for us when they get listed...

Best of luck moving forward with your career and in the hobby.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Very sorry to hear and glad to hear you are going to stick around. Very great luck with your sales, I know you had quite the collection and you helped me out with a few of my PC items :)

You are definitely one of the guys who will keep me around here. Always a pleasure working with you.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama

I actually held back from completely getting out recently.

My life losing her job and a slight up tick in bills has hurt the "fun" fund, but I am glad I didn't get rid of everything (though I already regret moving those that I did).

I always enjoyed seeing your mail days and sell threads. You always got your hands on REALLY nice cards.

Stick around though, you know no one ever gets completely out of the hobby ;)

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Good luck to you. I recently sold off what PC baseball and non Colts football I had to recover some money from all the crap I amassed. it felt weird selling tht stuff after having it so long. But I'm sticking to prospects and Colts stuff. I've thought about quitting too, but I can't imagine selling off my Colts stuff even if I did quit. You never know, when your school is done and your job situation is straightened out, you can reinvent yourself in the card world.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Very sorry to hear you're getting out.

I was always very envious of your Carl Crawford TT Auto 9.5 stash, if you want to move any, please let me know.
A bunch of them will be listed in the next few days or so, although that was pretty much the only thing I decided to hold to some of. It's the card I chased for 10 years and the value is not close to what it once was so there should be 4 listed (2 9.5/9's, 2 old ones from before they graded autos). There will also be a whole bunch of RC Auto's with full signatures. Probably never been a worse time to sell, but that's how things go.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
ah dude...best of luck to u..

hope u would reconsider at least holding onto the mays n aaron, the cards that rarely ever pop up in case you decide to start back

dave

Sent from my iPhone using FCB Gangnam Style mobile app

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I understand how you feel about letting it all go. I did that in 1998, it wasnt fun anymore, 15 years worth of collection, 3 storage sheds full of product, gone within 20 minutes. Untill the past 3 months, I have ignored this hobby. Now, Its just a hobby, not a way of life. Good Luck!

Fordman

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So the girl needs some bigger and better things, or she is leaving.:twisted: Good call my friend, See a happy wife (girlfriend) is a happy life. Just ask me I have been married for over 22 years to the same gold digger :lol: Only she is the one that has the gold............Me

Good luck on the new chapter of your life.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Best of luck with your studies. I've moved in and out of the hobby a few times and I've enjoyed life inside of it and I've enjoyed life outside of it. Sounds like a wise decision for you at this point in your life.

Members online

Latest posts