Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

That's right, I just posted the Spring Training Stats Leader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah its early but this is now a FULL WEEK'S worth of stats, so don't bother with the, wow, Mudcats, you're getting a little excited about 7 days worth of spring stats.

Yes i'm excited, but i've waited all winter and i'm finally allowed to be :)

Total Bases:

Only in spring is Brett Gardner as good as Josh Hamilton :)

I like to track this stat for short periods of performance, as it takes lots of different skill sets into account. Gardner is clearly in the lead for the Yanks CF job from this first week of performance.

Jeremy Hermida might be ready to break out !??!?!

Chris Shelton partying like it's 2006

Jason Lane is back?

TUIASOSOPOOOOOOO Where's that Red Refractor I love so much?

Ryan Sweeney doin his thing,

Joey Votto continues to bash.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_playe ... tByStat=TB

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Mudcatsfan said:

The guy who bought it off of me actually contacted me not long ago about a card I was selling, I believe he said he resold it. So who knows where the "awesomeness" is.

Here's something from my Photobucket though...

TuiasosopoRedRefractor.jpg

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

The guy who bought it off of me actually contacted me not long ago about a card I was selling, I believe he said he resold it. So who knows where the "awesomeness" is.

I bid on that card when it was up on auction. Of course my bid got Smashed right out of the Universe.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

Does anyone know who ever got the Red Ref from Phil Hughes? Those red 2004's are mayyyyybe my favorite refractor ever.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
tide12champrings said:
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I bid on that card when it was up on auction. Of course my bid got Smashed right out of the Universe.

Which auction? The most recent one or when I sold it years ago?

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Mudcatsfan said:
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

Does anyone know who ever got the Red Ref from Phil Hughes? Those red 2004's are mayyyyybe my favorite refractor ever.

Last time I seen it it was in Phil's Photobucket. I don't think He ever returned it to Topps.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Brett Keith said:
tide12champrings said:
[quote="Brett Keith":cfduc36e]
Mudcatsfan said:

Which auction? The most recent one or when I sold it years ago?[/quote:cfduc36e]

I don't remember exactly when it was up but it went for 500+.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Mudcatsfan said:
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

I agree I love those too. 05 greens, and golds were really awesome. The gold that year really popped for some reason.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
tide12champrings said:
Mudcatsfan said:
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

Last time I seen it it was in Phil's Photobucket. I don't think He ever returned it to Topps.

Correct, but i had HEARD that he worked a deal to sell it / trade it to a BMB member. Not sure if that was true though.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
nborton said:
I agree I love those too. 05 greens, and golds were really awesome. The gold that year really popped for some reason.

vurry true:

PS, those are un-numbered samples.

CGonzCYoung21.jpg

Mudcatsfan said:
tide12champrings said:
Mudcatsfan said:
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

Correct, but i had HEARD that he worked a deal to sell it / trade it to a BMB member. Not sure if that was true though.

I thought Mike Marinaro made a trade for it but I could be wrong. The one in Phil's bucket did not have the hologram on the back so it was not certified by topps. According to Phil, topps sent him two reds to sign and he kept one of them.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
To clear up the Hughes thing;

Hughes signed one of em (doesn't have the authentic sticker from topps or certified auto stamp on it) and it now sits in my local card shop in Flushing, NY. The owner of the card has a name here (yycxhange I think). He was on beckett too. I've seen the card in person. It's slabbed Authentic by BGS, and it looks absolutely SICK. 04 red ref auto, essentially a 1/1. It's an amazing card.
Zach

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Mudcatsfan said:
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

I dunno, I'm still pretty partial to the 2002's. It's close though.

uptongold.jpg

felixgoldrefractor.jpg
(Not sure why the scans are so small)

Now if we're talking best refractor from any Bowman product, I go 2004 Bowman Sterling, especially the autographed Black Refractors. Sorry, no Tui pick.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2w25t0zc]
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

uptongold.jpg

felixgoldrefractor.jpg

Now if we're talking best refractor from any Bowman product, I go 2004 Bowman Sterling, especially the autographed Black Refractors. Sorry, no Tui pick.[/quote:2w25t0zc]

I like the silver ink on black. But I don't think the refractors popped as much.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
tide12champrings said:
Brett Keith said:
tide12champrings said:
[quote="Brett Keith":1vjugzo3]
Mudcatsfan said:

Which auction? The most recent one or when I sold it years ago?

I don't remember exactly when it was up but it went for 500+.[/quote:1vjugzo3]

Really? I bought it for $800 from a board member, then when I started selling off a good chunk of my collection it brought a little over $300, so I'd be surprised if it got much more than that. I dunno.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2026wnct]
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

uptongold.jpg

felixgoldrefractor.jpg

Now if we're talking best refractor from any Bowman product, I go 2004 Bowman Sterling, especially the autographed Black Refractors. Sorry, no Tui pick.[/quote:2026wnct]

Right on. Never bought a Black ref. but I've still got a Ref and Base 9.5/10. I like the Xfractors from 04' too. # /125.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
nborton said:
Brett Keith said:
Mudcatsfan said:
[quote="Brett Keith":pyls7wvc]
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

uptongold.jpg

felixgoldrefractor.jpg

Now if we're talking best refractor from any Bowman product, I go 2004 Bowman Sterling, especially the autographed Black Refractors. Sorry, no Tui pick.

I like the silver ink on black. But I don't think the refractors popped as much.[/quote:pyls7wvc]

The regular refractors didn't, but the Black and Red really did.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Brett Keith said:
nborton said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2r48j5ru]
Mudcatsfan said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2r48j5ru]
Mudcatsfan said:

I drool every time.

uptongold.jpg

felixgoldrefractor.jpg

I like the silver ink on black. But I don't think the refractors popped as much.[/quote:2r48j5ru]

The regular refractors didn't, but the Black and Red really did.[/quote:2r48j5ru]

I gotcha. It's weird how that was. Usually the blacks now don't pop as much as the other colors. And really it just seems odd in general that there is so much variation between years. It's the same technology. The lack of consistency is odd.

Members online

Latest posts