Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joba vs Mo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Mo was rude plain and simple. He could have asked him more nicely. Im with Joba on this one. He was talking to his family and Mo was doing an interview. Family tumps stupid interview.

Last edited:

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
I need to see a vid of this... clearly they are both guilty until proven innocent ;)

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
Would be nice for them two to get off the diamond and into a ring. Drop the baseball gloves and pick up some boxing gloves

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Sorry, guy talking to his family trumps an interview with the media. I could care less who it is, especially when it's just a baseball player.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JOba is known as being a loud mouth around the clubhouse. Mo is known for being one of the most respectful players ever to wear pinstripes. I am sure Joba was being an idiot somehow

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
While JC is correct, this is all about treating or handling people with respect. No one I know, likes being told to shush. It's how parents treat their kids. No ball players is going to want to hear that. Mo's stature and class, probably saved him from an azz whooping. This is a crazy, emotional year for MO, and it was just a small slip up. Instead of disrespecting another man with shush, move the interview, or maybe take a break and asked the media to continue when joba was done or gone. It could have been handle differently and no one would have ever noticed and joba would have been able to save face and not feel slighted.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
"New York media reports said...."

That's the problem right there. Never believe the whole story from the NY press

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
First what is a Joba Chamberlain?

Second, reread the account, Joba could have respected Rivera's interview space and taken here conversation with his family to another space.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Joba overreacted. I can see where he would be a little high strung, given that he has gone from a phenom to an average middle reliever who cannot stay healthy.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
While JC is correct, this is all about treating or handling people with respect. No one I know, likes being told to shush. It's how parents treat their kids. No ball players is going to want to hear that. Mo's stature and class, probably saved him from an azz whooping. This is a crazy, emotional year for MO, and it was just a small slip up. Instead of disrespecting another man with shush, move the interview, or maybe take a break and asked the media to continue when joba was done or gone. It could have been handle differently and no one would have ever noticed and joba would have been able to save face and not feel slighted.
An azz whooping from who? Joba Chamberlain? I would take Mo in that one.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Mo and Joba are laughing it off today.
Another case of the NY media (and fans) blowing things out of proportion.

ESPN -- The New York Yankees say they are one big happy family again, a day after middle reliever Joba Chamberlain publicly warned Mariano Rivera not to "shush'' him.

"We did talk,'' Rivera said Sunday morning. "It's good. Sometimes you have little things that we say that we don't mean. We're a family here. It's something that we take care of in house. Unfortunately it happened in front of you guys, but again, it shouldn't happen. We apologize and we move on.''

Chamberlain denied that he had apologized to Rivera -- "There's no need to apologize. For what?'' -- but said he and Rivera had "joked and laughed'' afterward.

"It's over with, it's done, it's really not an issue in the first place,'' Chamberlain said.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts