Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Stadium Club Executive edge gold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I was just about to post on this. The seller is legit and the story seems plausible. Although I've never heard of them I have heard of special cards being produced for executives and employees of card companies. The cards themselves look legit and I would think this would be very difficult to fake. Three cards have sold for $100 to player collectors already. If you've got a player in the set I would consider it because 20 years is a long time to pass without any of these surfacing.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I think the seller just made up the name "Executive Gold Edge". I have bought a lot of bankruptcy/promo cards from this seller in the past. He is an honest seller and usually accepts reasonable offers. Not sure why he has these particular ones priced so high though.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was going to post about this as well. In totally clueless and doubt how authentic but not saying seller is behind it. Seems to have A LOT of random odd ball cards, so he might of come across some sort of estate or lot.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yeah somebody with gold spray paint. Never heard if these back in 93 and doubt I could have missed them. I ripped tons of 93.

I thought of this. How hard would it be to just gold the border yourself? The cards themselves are cheap without it, so could buy thousands and just try it until you get a perfect looking one.

Just seems weird. All are $100 BIN/BO. I'm not buying the Belle for that lol.

---

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
With so many backdoored, "proofs" and outright fakes nowadays its easy to question the legitimacy of any of this stuff... but collectors aren't always picky and obviously have some money to burn :)

I'd have expected the seller to have at least one of these graded just for some sort of professional indication that these are indeed real.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
With so many backdoored, "proofs" and outright fakes nowadays its easy to question the legitimacy of any of this stuff... but collectors aren't always picky and obviously have some money to burn :)

I'd have expected the seller to have at least one of these graded just for some sort of professional indication that these are indeed real.

True, true and true.

People say they know the seller or know he is legit. Anyone actually know him personally?

---

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
The only thing that makes me think they could possibly be real is that I have bought from this seller in the past and they seem to somehow get their hands on all sorts of proof type cards. No reason to think the same person who is supplying these proof cards couldn't have also given this set to them. Who knows. For 10.00 though I will take my chances on the Willie Mcgee..

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The only thing that makes me think they could possibly be real is that I have bought from this seller in the past and they seem to somehow get their hands on all sorts of proof type cards. No reason to think the same person who is supplying these proof cards couldn't have also given this set to them. Who knows. For 10.00 though I will take my chances on the Willie Mcgee..

$10 BIN? I placed a small offer on the Belle. I'll see if he really values the Belle highly. I don't.

---

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah somebody with gold spray paint. Never heard if these back in 93 and doubt I could have missed them. I ripped tons of 93.

Someone say Paint?? you would at least think the Gold edges would match the Gold foil on the fronts................. no??
Antique_Gold_Spray_Paint_746_View_View.jpg

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I would take a shot at the Pucketts but there are 2 of them in that set and he has them listed for $250 BIN/BO so I am going to pass.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008

I'd have expected the seller to have at least one of these graded just for some sort of professional indication that these are indeed real.[/QUOTE]

Nobody will grade these I'm sure. Unless they get listed in one of the catalogs the grading companies tend to shy away. I have bought from this person in the past and have never had any kind of problem and her feedback is fine. I'm skeptical about most cards that pop up after so many years but this one passes my B.S test for some reason. Maybe it's the story of where they came from or maybe it is because it seems a very odd set to choose to fake.

Members online

Latest posts