Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Bowman Originals / Chien Ming **** question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Does anyone know about these? There seems to have been a lot of them popping up on the bay lately. Two are on now, both /25. There are 8 when you search completed, a lot of which are also numbered /25. It just seems strange that Topps would have made a bunch of different versions, all numbered /25. From what I've seen of this set, each player usually has a few different cards in the set, but with different numbered amounts. The only reason realize this is because I check **** autos regularly. Check these out:

/25
5b35_1.jpg

/25
be75_1.jpg

/25
a344_1.jpg

Then there's this one, same original card, but /2?
0e40_1.jpg

I'm not one to call fakes, and these certain could be real, but something just seems funky here. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of this set, or **** cards can help me out. Thanks!

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Well, the bottom one isn't "the same" as the base 25, it's the gold one.

As for whether they are real... It's always a crap shoot with Originals. Know your seller and check the checklist.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
flightposite said:
Well, the bottom one isn't "the same" as the base 25, it's the gold one.

The one above it isn't gold as well? Hard to tell from the scan, but they look the same to me.

No, you can tell by the gold facsimile signature.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Here's one I pulled myself:

There are so many fakes, buyer beware!!

originals2.jpg

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
flightposite - Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't collecting in 03 when the original card came out.

BigAppleJak - It reall does seem like there are a ton of fakes. A ton from this 06 Originals in general.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If I remember correctly, Topps did NOT issue **** chrome buyback autographs in that set.

Regardless, almost all of these fakes come from the same state...North Carolina.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
200lbhockeyplayer said:
If I remember correctly, Topps did NOT issue **** chrome buyback autographs in that set.

Regardless, almost all of these fakes come from the same state...North Carolina.

I always mean to ask you this, but is your sig of the classic Canadian Punk band?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I always mean to ask you this, but is your sig of the classic Canadian Punk band?
It most definitely is BC's finest...nomeansno.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Also...of interest, Beckett only lists these four on the checklist...all with a run of 25.

- 2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #215 Chien-Ming **** 03 Bowman Chrome
- 2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #216 Chien-Ming **** 03 Bowman Draft Picks
- 2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #217 Chien-Ming **** 04 Bowman Chrome
- 2006 Bowman Originals Buyback Autographs #218 Chien-Ming **** 05 Bowman

And I stand corrected...there do appear to be Bowman Chrome autos.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
So no /2 then, huh? Who knows. What a sketchy product.

Also, I probably haven't given Nomeansno a listen since like the 9th grade. What's their best record in your opinion? I need something new to listen to. I was always more partial to DOA as far as Canadian punk goes. And more recently, Propaghandi.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
So no /2 then, huh? Who knows. What a sketchy product.

Also, I probably haven't given Nomeansno a listen since like the 9th grade. What's their best record in your opinion? I need something new to listen to. I was always more partial to DOA as far as Canadian punk goes. And more recently, Propaghandi.
I spent two long drunken days with Joey and had a permanent invitation to join the "Murder Squad" - DOA's hockey team.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
The six buyback autos in the completed listings come from dmarcus8, exquisite-baybuys, elkridgesportscards, and wolverine24. The last seller sells many, many items, but doesn't screen them for possible fake cards. The first three sellers have sold multiple fakes time after time.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
mrwhitesox30 said:
The six buyback autos in the completed listings come from dmarcus8, exquisite-baybuys, elkridgesportscards, and wolverine24. The last seller sells many, many items, but doesn't screen them for possible fake cards. The first three sellers have sold multiple fakes time after time.

Thank you for the heads up!

Members online

Latest posts