Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Graded Cards with wrong info on the Label, Common or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Hi all,

Quick question, I was just sorting thru a box of cards and came across a 1998 Topps Tek Troy Glaus RC PSA9 that is a Diffractor and not a normal card but it's not slabbed that way? I know that this card was probably submitted in 1998 so did they not list diffractors at this time? or is it just an error on PSA's part? Any other card examples that have the wrong information about the card slabbed. Also I was going to list it but since it doesn't say diffractor on the label will that hurt potential sales?

Thanks for your opinions

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I had this one. It didn't look gold, but I took the chance that it was a really bad picture at $15. Wasn't.
Sold it for $7 with a clearly stated description and title.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Also PSA fixes these for free and I plan to send 3 cards in next week or so, we can fix yours, pm me if you are interested.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I sent in an order of 15 a few months back, 7 of which had incorrect flip information. I've never sent an order to PSA in which I didn't get at least 1 incorrect flip back, even in orders as small as 5 or 10 cards. If they'd read my comments on these rare/oddball cards a bit more, it would be less often for me, but I send in some weird stuff.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
thanks for the info not sure what I want to do with it as I don't collect Glaus anymore (since 1998 anyway) and I don't think their is much of a market for his cards.

Members online

Latest posts