Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick question about eBay auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Anyone know why sometimes when you add a buy it now to an auction it goes away after the first bid & sometimes it stays???? Is there a way when listing it to make sure the buy it now stays in the auction format? It seems it used to stay until the price got to a certain percentage of the buy it now asking price then it would go away. Now for me it usually goes away as soon as someone bids but sometimes it stays, & I see other auctions where they stay.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If you use a combination of reserve and BIN, I think you can get the BIN to stay until someone hits the reserve. But that just costs you extra money. If you want to use BIN/auction, just set the starting price to be whatever you'd be satisfied with.

As to why it works the way it works, it just does. It's always been like that, BINs disappearing on the first bid. Really irritating when someone posts a reasonable BIN with a .99 start, people place .99 bids just to remove the BIN.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
If you use a combination of reserve and BIN, I think you can get the BIN to stay until someone hits the reserve. But that just costs you extra money. If you want to use BIN/auction, just set the starting price to be whatever you'd be satisfied with.

As to why it works the way it works, it just does. It's always been like that, BINs disappearing on the first bid. Really irritating when someone posts a reasonable BIN with a .99 start, people place .99 bids just to remove the BIN.

I used to be able to start an auction at .99 with a buy it now of say $199.99 & the buy it now would stay even after there were bids, & that was without a reserve price. Just didn't know if there was a trick to making them stay.

Members online

Latest posts