Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ROID RAGE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Wow, what a ********.
First he strikes out swinging on a terrible pitch below his knees. Then he XXXXXes at the ump for another strike.
Then he's rough as his own manager tries to calm him down, followed by Pedroia telling him to stop.
Then he breaks the phone with his bat, sending pieces of plastic flying in the dugout, nearly hitting Pedroia in the eye.
I understand having passion, but Ortiz just looked like a little brat, and could have seriously injured a teammate in the dugout with the phone shattering.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That video shows no lead-in on how bad that ump was calling strikes.
Stop being such a homer. There's no excuse for swinging your bat in the dugout near someone's head, then shattering a phone and sending pieces of it near teammates' eyes.
It doesn't matter how bad the ump's calls were. He swung at a crappy pitch to strikeout. That's Papi's fault. And then he acted like a XXXXX.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Definitely not how one would expect a 37 year-old veteran having the kind of season and career he's having to behave.

Maybe the CBA could be amended to include a mandatory test immediately following ejections... LOL

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Completely uncalled for. I loved how Pedroia got in his face and I hope he did it again in the clubhouse.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
That video shows no lead-in on how bad that ump was calling strikes.
That was honestly the worst umpire I have ever seen [personally] for calling ball and strikes. I couldn't believe some of the pitches he was calling against the Sox and for the O's. Like that one pitch Dempster has that Salty set up inside and had to reach over to the middle of the plate to catch?! No doubter strike....even Machado was walking back to the dugout because he thought he struck out!

I'll admit, Papi did overreact, but I would have been pissed as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts