Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New card storage idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back in high school, as my collection was getting bigger, I needed a place to store my cards. I took wood shop my senior year, and made this ugly, stupid, and VERY large, uhh thing...
MyBox.jpg

Its size...75 inches long...by 48 inches high...by 100% my parents hating it! Almost killed ourseleves trying to get it downstairs....and it BARLEY fits!!

After a couple years of having this thing in the basement... I started to hate it too. Hard to get things I put in the back...hit my head on the top more than once...ect ect

So, after 5+ years of having it to store my cards...My parents and I are FINALLY getting rid of it starting this weekend :)
Its like a trade...I get a new metal storage cabinet...My mom gets shelves and the box out of the basement :)

Here is what I am getting to store my cards :) (4 shelves instead of 5)

20232231i_01.jpg

Cant wait :)

Will show pics ince I move everything into the cabinet :)

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Dang dude only thing I built in shop was a pencil holder lol good luck on getting it up the stairs haha enjoy the new storage unit

HAHA

Actually I feel pretty proud...I was the only one to actually complete a project in that class...Everyone else (probably 10-12 other kids in the class) started their project...and then said screw it and just did whatever the rest of the semester

We aren't bring it back up the stairs...probably weighs close to 200 pounds

Moving it piece by piece...Its only nailed down, so we are taking the top off...then the sides...then the back, and then the bottom...The back and top are going to be used for my moms new shelves :)

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just ship it to Topps, let them deal with cutting it up.

After all, it's going to be used as relics anyway.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Or stay in the basement and buy as much as you can now while living there for free. Cuz once you move out, poof! Your card fund disappears!

I like the metal cabinet. Will you be painting it in team colors, or maybe a Biggio Fathead decal?

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
The cabinet is a good idea. I got one of those free-standing cabinets from Ikea and have my collection in it. It looks good in my house's loft area, holds the collection perfectly, and I can put a child lock on the door to keep the kids out.

Jon Mead

Jul 28, 2013
I have shelves that I store my boxes on. Commons on the bottom two shelves and very top shelf Two middle shelfs are pc.

All cards/items/boxes/binders/everything else has been moved out of my wooden box...tearing it apart tomorrow and my dad is building a couple shelves out of the wood...He is also picking up the metal cabinet and then I will be going through my items and putting it in my new storage cabinet

BTW-You never really know how much stuff you got until you move it all out...

Members online

Latest posts