Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Introducing Double FCB Buck Sundays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Starting this Sunday January 5th FCB will kick it's point system into another gear with double point Sunday. As a FCB user you may have already earned points. Check this thread to find out.
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131133

This thread will also give the following explanation on how to earn points.

================================================== ======
HOW POINTS ARE EARNED
We will never disclose all the variables for earning points on this site. It's a system that users could crack and take advantage of if too much information was out there. We will however highlight a few things that will help your experience and get you on the fast track to earning FCB Reward Bucks.

#1 Starting new and relevant topics. This is the absolute most important thing that you as a user can do here. Topics that generate several pages of discussion are vital to the success of the site and they are heavily weighted in the program. I should note that uninteresting topics that do not generate conversation are almost completely ignored by the system.

#2 Transactions. Use this site to buy/sell/trade and you will accumulate points. The system combs the feedback system to look for people who are successfully trading.

#3 Use Social Media. Tweets that point to threads using the @fcbsportscards mention are tracked and given rewards. Make sure your twitter handle is in your profile here so we know who to award the points to. The same thing applies to facebook.

#4 Do something useful. There is also a manual component to the site where we can manually award points to users. Actions within the community that add to the culture here are appreciated and rewarded.

#5 eBay links. It's no secret that this site is funded by those links. Post them in threads where relevant and the system will reward you.
================================================== ======

Starting with this Sunday and concurrent Sundays we will take the points that the reward system spits out and DOUBLE THEM. Meaning you can earn DOUBLE POINTS on Sundays.

What good are these points you ask? Well I'm glad you asked that. FCB points are useable in an upcoming FCB Point store that will have hit cards from all sports as well as the occasional sealed hobby box in it. Additionally it will have eBay gift certificates that are redeemable for eBay gift certificates at the rate of 1 FCB point to $1 on the gift certificate. The store will follow a similar model as cards that sell on eBay for $10 will cost around 10 FCB points.

Thank you for your time reading this, and let's make this Sunday great. Make sure you share this thread as well, because the more people on here posting, the more points get given out.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Just like Wednesday is hump day, Sundays will be crap day on FCB!

Guess I'll be skipping Sunday and start checking on Mondays so any thread worthwhile from Sunday will still be active with new responses on Monday instead of dying on the vine Sunday because it stunk.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Guess I'll be skipping Sunday and start checking on Mondays so any thread worthwhile from Sunday will still be active with new responses on Monday instead of dying on the vine Sunday because it stunk.

You need a hug, fella?

Topics that will probably earn bucks for Sunday threads....

Have you found Jesus in your collection ??

Praying while busting boxes /cases.....Does it work ??

GOD & Topps ...Are exclusives good for us?

Holy Grails Have you found yours ??

GOD & Topps VS SATAN & Leaf ..... whose side are you on ?

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
Topics that will probably earn bucks for Sunday threads....

Have you found Jesus in your collection ??

Praying while busting boxes /cases.....Does it work ??

GOD & Topps ...Are exclusives good for us?

Holy Grails Have you found yours ??

GOD & Topps VS SATAN & Leaf ..... whose side are you on ?
Have you accepted Topps as your personal savior?
WWTD? What would Topps do?

Lest us not forget the 10 Commandments

1 – And TOPPS spoke all these words, saying: “I am the Lord of Cards, who brought you out of the land of unlicensed products, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other card manufacturers before me.

2 - You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them.

3 - You shall not take the name of Topps your God in vain, for Topps will not hold him guiltless who takes their name in vain.

4 - Remember Topps release dates, to keep them holy. All other days you shall labor and do all your work, but Topps release day is the Sabbath of Topps your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates.

5 - Honor your distributor & your LCS owner, that your days may be long upon the land which Topps your God is giving you.

6 – You shall not murder any Topps product made or in preproduction.

7 – You shall not commit adultery of any other product that is not of Topps.

8 – You shall not steal anything that Topps has made.

9 -You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor's Topps collection.

10 – You shall not covet your neighbor’s Topps collection; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife Topps collection, nor his manservant's Topps collection, nor his maidservant's Topps collection, nor his ox's Topps collection, nor his donkey's Topps collection, nor anything that is your neighbor’s Topps products.”

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think some people are looking too deeply into this point program. I came to this site from The bench because the topics were stale and there was little to no activity on new ones. I don't trade much admittedly and was mainly looking for good stories, interesting facts and/or trivia, show and tell threads, etc. i just want something interesting to read related to a hobby that has been part of my life for over 35 years. This site appeared to have the traffic and topic variety that i was looking for.

I believe I have one point so far. I honestly don't know what earned me that point and I certainly was not looking for one. Maybe there are some users trawling for points, but hopefully people are just trying to keep the posts fresh, interesting and build participation. We can learn from each other and sites like this have and will continue to rival the price guides hopefully when it comes to knowledge, scans and information.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
While I appreciate the rewards program that is certainly not the reason why I come here and post. The program is a great idea on many fronts but hopefully many wont wait until Sunday to post threads that are interesting.

Keep up the good work and trying to make the place interesting Chris.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis

While I don't agree with everything said here, there is definitely a trend forming on the board.

I think there should be two rules on FCB now.

1. Don't be a D***
2. Don't post regurgitated or non-sense threads in hopes of earning a point.

Although it appears this approach of throwing a bunch of crap at the wall in hopes that one sticks is working. I don't know if this program will make FCB better/same/worse just saying that rsmath isn't alone in his thoughts.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
There are always going to be guys who post fluff. However, I will say that the amount and quality of conversations has improved dramatically in my opinion since the rewards program was introduced.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
There are always going to be guys who post fluff. However, I will say that the amount and quality of conversations has improved dramatically in my opinion since the rewards program was introduced.

Definitely feels like people are making a push to create threads today but overall they've done a really good job creating ones that don't blow! I expected a mess in a way. Pleasantly surprised

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts