Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Autograph on card or sticker autograph?Wish one do you preffer buy?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
My self only look for autographs on cards vs auto on sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
All I have are stickers and I think I cut, but I like the on cards better. There are 5 or 6 I want and they are all on card.

This notice is required by law.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I highly doubt there is a single collector out there who prefers stickers to on-card.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I highly doubt there is a single collector out there who prefers stickers to on-card.

I prefer stickers if it is the only type of card available for my Triple-A team cert auto collection. It's not like every guy on my Triple-A team has appeared on an on-card bowman/bowman chrome card, so most cert autos for players who actually have had a cert auto made happen to be from EEE, other prospect issues, and from MLB Donruss, Fleer, Topps, UD issues that used stickers.

If a player has a EEE, etc. and a bowman/bowman chrome auto, I do get the bowman/bowman chrome auto (unless the price is outrageous to my collecting budget) and call that good enough to satisfy the PC.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I'll get a sticker if it's for a PC player, or if it's significantly cheaper than an on-card.

Otherwise, an on-card, non-numbered auto is what I prefer to anything (in cards, that is).

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I don't care too much either way. The way I look at it is, an auto is an auto whether it's on card or on sticker. I guess there is a coolness factor for on card seeing that the player actually touched the same card you're touching, but other than that, I don't see the whole world falling apart theory.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I think I actually prefer stick IF it's in an embedded window on a thick card. Cards like that look like they were designed for an auto in a specific spot, and the card is designed with the window in mind, so the photos and other elements don't get covered up. Too many on-card autos cover up elements of the card or blend into the background. So I guess my order of preference is...

1) Sticker / embedded window
2) On-Card / designated spot to sign
3) On-Card / no designated spot
4) Sticker / no window

P.S. - the grammar in this thread title is so bad I almost refused to post in it.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I think I actually prefer stick IF it's in an embedded window on a thick card. Cards like that look like they were designed for an auto in a specific spot, and the card is designed with the window in mind, so the photos and other elements don't get covered up. Too many on-card autos cover up elements of the card or blend into the background. So I guess my order of preference is...

1) Sticker / embedded window
2) On-Card / designated spot to sign
3) On-Card / no designated spot
4) Sticker / no window

P.S. - the grammar in this thread title is so bad I almost refused to post in it.

So you wouldn't prefer an on-card auto in the exact same spot where the embedded sticker is?

I like DLP cards with embedded stickers as well, but soooooo many 2004/2005 sets would look better had they been designed on-card.

I would love this card so much more if the auto were in a faded oval instead of on a trapped sticker...

DonrussSigSeries96-100.jpg

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
So you wouldn't prefer an on-card auto in the exact same spot where the embedded sticker is?

I like DLP cards with embedded stickers as well, but soooooo many 2004/2005 sets would look better had they been designed on-card.

I would love this card so much more if the auto were in a faded oval instead of on a trapped sticker...

DonrussSigSeries96-100.jpg

05UDMLBARTJERAUTO30.jpg

The alternative is going to be something like this, and though I'm in the minority, I actually prefer your card. The auto on a single color sticker in a window sets off the auto pleasantly to me.

Now personally, I hate the UD stickers with the holograms and UD Logos on them (too cluttered), and I don't like clear stickers either (like an on-card that covers up card elements, but worse). Just personal preference.

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
I don't care too much either way. The way I look at it is, an auto is an auto whether it's on card or on sticker. I guess there is a coolness factor for on card seeing that the player actually touched the same card you're touching, but other than that, I don't see the whole world falling apart theory.

Agree with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I would obviously prefer an on-card autograph, but having said that I have seen some really well done & thought out sticker autograph cards as well, and they do not offend me.

Members online

Latest posts