Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which do you prefer Red Flip / Blue Flip PSA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I am new to this PSA auto collecting. I been collecting certain cards and so far all the ones I have been getting are blue. I have my eyes on a card and its a red one. Is one better than the other? Which do you prefer?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
From an autograph collecting standpoint I prefer the blue flip unless its a high grade vintage card I don't see the point. Wouldn't stop me from buying a red flip though if that's what was available but it would really come down to the card

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I had always heard that you go with a blue flip if the auto is worth more than the card, and a red flip if the card is worth more than the auto because with the red flip, the card also gets graded. More times than not unless it's a big time vintage card, the blue should suffice. But it comes down to personal preference in the end, since both colored flips have the auto certified.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I choose based on the card. If it looks better with blue, I go blue; with red, I go red. Otherwise, from a resale standpoint, a red flip that includes a card grade is best. I couldn't care less about the autograph grade.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
You can run into reprints in blue labels. Red flips ensure that the card and not just the autograph has been examined.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Thanks everyone. This is the red flip that made me start the thread:
1979WallingDiamondGreatsAutoRogerMaris.jpg

Latest posts