Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Aroldis Chapman hit in the face with a line drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TehRegulator

Nov 22, 2013
I just hope that he has a full recovery. That is the hardest hit I've ever seen a pitcher take by a ball. I think it might be more than a few months before he is ready to pitch again TBH. Perhaps a season.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Hoo-Leeee Crap! Just saw the video on SportsCenter, my god, the ball almost reaches the dugout after hitting off of him. My god, a 99 mph pitch, I hope he can come back and fully recover, but I wonder if he will ever be the same

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
They're reporting he did not lose consciousness. That is good. A concussion on top of what happened would have been devastating.

I am not blaming Chapman, BUT....where was his glove when he delivered that pitch? It was behind his back, not up where it should be.

Watch this video. His glove is always behind his back. No position to make a play. Doesn't help that he ends up facing 3rd base and not home plate.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
He's getting surgery later today to insert a plate in his head, no brain injury, and he will be able to pitch this season, wow

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Poor guy. That was horrific. I'm a former pitcher and that was my worst nightmare.
Chapman will recover physically, but psychologically will be tougher.
He'll probably always have a subconsious flinch whenever the ball is hit. Hopefully he'll be able to overcome it because he's always been fun to watch.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I took one of the side of the face 1 time pitching and mentally it scared the XXXX out of me for awhile. I mean I stayed in to pitch that game but that was an adreniline thing I think and really I wasnt hit 1/10 as hard as Chapman (I only throw high 70s low 80s) . Chapman may never ever be the same. Look at Kaz Ishi he was solid up until he got smoked in the head. With as hard as Chapman throws, as hard as that line drive was hit and as much damage it did I dont see how he could come back and be the same.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I took one to my temple playing slow pitch softball. Got a concussion, and a softball size bump out the side of my head. Evidently I got hit, fell down, stood up and fell down again. I remember vomiting in the hospital and to this day I can not fly in an airplane without my left ear throbbing.

TehRegulator

Nov 22, 2013
BulURno.jpg

Yea I don't think he is pitching this season but I hope he does. That is a gnarly amount of staples. They must have cut him from ear to ear to put that plate in.

Attachments

• BulURno.jpg
    BulURno.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Latest posts