Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

red collier on the auction blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whityscards

Aug 26, 2008
the seller has put it up at least 10 times....was at $300.00 when she first listed it the other day and already rose the price $400. Too much IMO. Think at first she wanted like over $1,000...she has to have lost some money on the listing fees.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
whityscards said:
the seller has put it up at least 10 times....was at $300.00 when she first listed it the other day and already rose the price $400. Too much IMO. Think at first she wanted like over $1,000...she has to have lost some money on the listing fees.

yea, those $0.15 and $0.35 really add up :D

whityscards

Aug 26, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
whityscards said:

yea, those $0.15 and $0.35 really add up :D

haha thought it was more when u list like a $1,000 BIN...guess i was wrong. :lol:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'm really surprised at how low some of Collier's chromes have gone lately. Of the 2008 BDP auto checklist, he's the best buy right now IMO based on price and potential.

He could be a .300/ 30 homer kind of guy a few years down the road yet his chrome autos sell for 3-6 bucks apiece...with the big gold and orange refractors bringing in less than $80.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Well, she ended that auction early and replaced it with this:

[ebay:2zxfu6t9]170311903196[/ebay:2zxfu6t9]

It appears as though the more we talk about her, the higher the price gets.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I think people are scared off of Collier after getting burnt by Golson...on the surface, they seem similar.

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I'm really surprised at how low some of Collier's chromes have gone lately. Of the 2008 BDP auto checklist, he's the best buy right now IMO based on price and potential.

He could be a .300/ 30 homer kind of guy a few years down the road yet his chrome autos sell for 3-6 bucks apiece...with the big gold and orange refractors bringing in less than $80.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
Well, she ended that auction early and replaced it with this:

[ebay:1on7e6i8]170311903196[/ebay:1on7e6i8]

It appears as though the more we talk about her, the higher the price gets.

The best part about it is that she would have made a lot more money if she had just listed it at 99 cents the first time and let it run. I believe it was the first red that surfaced and Collier's prices were about 60-100% higher at and right after release than they are now.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
I had emailed the clown yesterday and just asked what the hell, and she blocked me.
pretty smart to block me, when I might really want it. If everyone here could just flood it with 1.00 offers that would be fun.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
boomo said:
I had emailed the clown yesterday and just asked what the hell, and she blocked me.
pretty smart to block me, when I might really want it. If everyone here could just flood it with 1.00 offers that would be fun.

The seller just wants attention.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

This year will be a big year for Collier, he'll either show that he's a better overall prospect than Golson or he will justify his current prices. Basically he'll make my decision to invest in him make me look like a genius or an idiot...

:|

I won my 33rd Blue ref auto last night and a pretty nice gold ref.

;)

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
phillyfan0417 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

This year will be a big year for Collier, he'll either show that he's a better overall prospect than Golson or he will justify his current prices. Basically he'll make my decision to invest in him make me look like a genius or an idiot...

;)

Nice. I thought it would go for between 150-175 and it ended at 139.50 (I think?). Wish I didn't have to move it so soon but some of the money I have leftover from my trip next week will be going into a handful of base autos. I still can't believe they're selling for all of about $5-$8 dlvd. Nice stash with 33 blues btw ;)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":ckiwusqs]I'm really surprised at how low some of Collier's chromes have gone lately. Of the 2008 BDP auto checklist, he's the best buy right now IMO based on price and potential.

;)

Nice. I thought it would go for between 150-175 and it ended at 139.50 (I think?). Wish I didn't have to move it so soon but some of the money I have leftover from my trip next week will be going into a handful of base autos. I still can't believe they're selling for all of about $5-$8 dlvd. Nice stash with 33 blues btw ;)[/quote:ckiwusqs]

I'm fairly sure you would have gotten a lot more for it had the centering been 9.5 or 10. These cards are nearly impossible to find with gem centering.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2ndk1pli]I'm really surprised at how low some of Collier's chromes have gone lately. Of the 2008 BDP auto checklist, he's the best buy right now IMO based on price and potential.

;)

Nice. I thought it would go for between 150-175 and it ended at 139.50 (I think?). Wish I didn't have to move it so soon but some of the money I have leftover from my trip next week will be going into a handful of base autos. I still can't believe they're selling for all of about $5-$8 dlvd. Nice stash with 33 blues btw ;)

I'm fairly sure you would have gotten a lot more for it had the centering been 9.5 or 10. These cards are nearly impossible to find with gem centering.[/quote:2ndk1pli]

Agreed, but I'll definitely take what I got, considering the fact that a raw gold (with notably bad centering) went for somethin like $54 just a couple days ago.

To my knowledge, it is still the only 9.5 of any parallel gold or above. I actually haven't seen a 9.5 blue yet either. But because of this, I still thought it could have gone for even more than it did, even with the 9 for centering.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2wk6jn2e]
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2wk6jn2e]I'm really surprised at how low some of Collier's chromes have gone lately. Of the 2008 BDP auto checklist, he's the best buy right now IMO based on price and potential.

;)

I'm fairly sure you would have gotten a lot more for it had the centering been 9.5 or 10. These cards are nearly impossible to find with gem centering.[/quote:2wk6jn2e]

Agreed, but I'll definitely take what I got, considering the fact that a raw gold (with notably bad centering) went for somethin like $54 just a couple days ago.

To my knowledge, it is still the only 9.5 of any parallel gold or above. I actually haven't seen a 9.5 blue yet either. But because of this, I still thought it could have gone for even more than it did, even with the 9 for centering.[/quote:2wk6jn2e]

Of the blues I have, there are probably 3 or 4 with a shot at a 9 on centering.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
phillyfan0417 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":32o96ycz]
phillyfan0417 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":32o96ycz]I'm really surprised at how low some of Collier's chromes have gone lately. Of the 2008 BDP auto checklist, he's the best buy right now IMO based on price and potential.

;)

I'm fairly sure you would have gotten a lot more for it had the centering been 9.5 or 10. These cards are nearly impossible to find with gem centering.

To my knowledge, it is still the only 9.5 of any parallel gold or above. I actually haven't seen a 9.5 blue yet either. But because of this, I still thought it could have gone for even more than it did, even with the 9 for centering.[/quote:32o96ycz]

Of the blues I have, there are probably 3 or 4 with a shot at a 9 on centering.[/quote:32o96ycz]

It's crazy cuz if you look at the Beckhams, most of them are perfectly centered. None of the Colliers are perfectly centered...not even many of the lower end parallels

Members online

Latest posts