Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In honour of the upcoming July 4th, Band of Brothers autos, sketches, and other war autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Actually forgot this one...how could I do that??? A custom acrylic sketch card from Ingrid Hardy commemorating the Invasion of Normandy

20140703_135555.jpg

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
I've always ENJOYED history even though I'm in no way a "history buff". The WW1 and WW2 time periods - in particular - really draw my interest. I've started looking through the HoW relics.

Yeah Adam, I have 5 or so Horrors of War cut autographs and two relics. Could post those as well I suppose.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Looking good Rud, happy to see you around again.

Here's my contribution to the thread if I may....

pappyb.jpg

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Please tell me these are not customs and are available on Ebay. I had no idea these were out there. Now I have something new to chase!!

So they are from a set of cards called "America At War" from iCardz partnered with Valor. Produced back in 2010 in Canada I must have bought 100 or so packs. Hell, I actually had the spot where I was buying go and have other stores in New England send me their packs so I could buy them! Pulled a BUNCH of instant win cards (never won anything, you could win whole complete war relics which is honestly what I was chasing). The autographs when the boxes were first made fell to 1 per 3 boxes roughly to garner hype, at the end of the run though you could buy a case+ and never get one. They claimed it was 1:6 boxes got a sketch or auto but yeah, they flew them them all early on. Need 3 more for the set and I have never seen them on ebay (correction, I saw one but it was listed at a $600BIN with no BO). The other autos that I have (I believe all but Earl McClung are massive SPs) come up maybe once a year and go for big bucks. You can still find boxes, however, the instant win cards are expired and your not going to pull an auto, well you can, but if you do play the lottery because you've got a better chance at hitting that. They also released an ultimate complete set, the 196 card set with a binder, all 7 autos, 2 instant win cards, and a sketch with a certificate numbering that ultimate set out of 100 or so, but I don't think that was real (They were selling it for $400, the link is broken and I contacted them a bunch of times about it and never got a response). iCardz was supposed to come out with a set honouring the Pacific, but it never came to light. In case you havent figured it out, I've been heavily following and chasing this set now for 4+ years.

I actually contacted Beckett to see if they'd grade the those autograph cards (moreso for protection purposes) but they told me in email the set was too obscure. Drat.

Last edited:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
So basically.....I am not going to find them it sounds like. And probably when I do I will be paying out the rear for them. These are cards I would have loved to won as they are true heroes on cardboard.

Thanks for all the information!!

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
So basically.....I am not going to find them it sounds like. And probably when I do I will be paying out the rear for them. These are cards I would have loved to won as they are true heroes on cardboard.

Thanks for all the information!!

You can get the complete set on the cheap (hell its in my store), very well done and beautiful cards. But as far as the autos, yeah, been 1.5 years since I saw one pop up. I've seen them as low as $60 ( it was an Earl McClung, sold instantly, wish I'd seen it) all the way up to $600

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Horrors of War Series 1: Roswell P Bishop (Civil War):
20140703_161253.jpg

Horrors of War Series 1: Ed Olander (WWII)
20140703_161329.jpg

Horrors of War Series 1: John Ellacombe (WWII)
20140703_161348.jpg

Horrors of War Series 2: Paul M. Herbert (WWI)
20140703_161427.jpg

Horrors of War Series 2: Adolf Galland (WWII)
20140703_161509.jpg

Horrors of War Series 2: Military Relic US Navy Jumper (WWII) #'d 12/30
20140703_161553.jpg

Horrors of War Series 2: Military Relic Colt 45 Ammo Clip Pouch (WWII) #'d 07/10
20140703_161611.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Posting 'cuz my Buddy who runs a store has a Union General relative with a 1/1 cut (all cuts are 1/1) in that last Famous Fabric "Civil War" set.

His name was Andrew Humphreys.

IF you ever see it, LMK and thanks!

Members online

Latest posts