Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No Broads....No Babies....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Was discussing the prices of beer at the ballparks after reading another thread (http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php/145666-The-cost-of-Beer-by-Ballpark-for-2015 ) with a co-worker and he says he has a specific rule going to Reds games:

No Broads.......No Babies.

I chuckled and asked why/how he came up with that. His reply:

He's tired of taking his wife to the ballgames and having to explain every single play who/what/why to her game after game.

Then he said when they take their small kids, they spend more time changing diapers, feeding and having to deal with the baby needs rather than watching a game. He says he went to a game two years ago, didnt get seated until the second inning, because his wife was upset that she couldnt take the stroller into the ballpark, had to take it back to the car. Once in the ball park, they had to stop, change a diaper, put on sunscreen, buy a small hat at the gift shop. Then his 4 yr old had to go use the bathroom every 10 minutes. He said in total time of watching the game, he saw two players actually bat. The reds were lossing and by the 7th inning, his wife wanted to leave early to beat traffic.

I dont know if I agree with him or not.

What says you?

Fordman

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I would agree with no babies, seems like a lot of work. My lady loves going to games though and a lot of her friends do as well. I guess it depends what kind of woman you are dating/married to.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I went with a friend and his girlfriend once. He deferred all questions to me. I was never so annoyed at a baseball game. The stunning question was y r there three teams, I explained the umpires aren't a team :banghead: I would love to take my nephew but not until he'd more interested in the game than the snacks

WaxPax

Being a father of 2 boys, I've done the kid maintenance at games like you mentioned. Luckily my wife is a knowledgeable fan, so being with her at games is not a problem.

You have to balance your expectations, go with the "guys" if you want low maintenance, and if you take the kids plan on being in and out of your seat during the game....

...on a side note, who still calls women "Broads" are we back in the 1940's?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
I'm perfectly fine with it. I go to games by myself. I would sit at one seat then move to another then another. It's yourself, drink, and game to watch

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I love going with my wife...heck, when I need to run to the bathroom or grab another beer, she even takes over my scorebook for me, so yeah, not too worried about any annoying questions from her. And my son is two months old, i can't wait to take him to a game! How else do you install a lifelong love of the game if you don't take them when they are young?
Maybe whoever decided the rule "no broads no babies" is just dating the wrong "broads". So yeah, I'm in the camp of whomever made up that rule is totally wrong.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I take my kids every summer to one or two Blue Jays games, on "Junior Jays Saturdays". They love to walk around and win prizes in the free kids' zone. After the game we get to go on the field and kids can run the bases. You're right though... I generally only get to take an inning or so of the actual ballgame, but I've come to expect that. It's more about the outing with the kids. 1

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
My wife loves baseball and loves going to Busch Stadium, and we had a great time at Wrigley Field last year.

I enjoy taking our family to games. And my currently 9 month old daughter will go to a few games this season, if not just to get pictures of her as a baby at a Cardinals game.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The Mrs. has NO interest in a game in person. We do a coupla MILB games with kids though.

Funny story of when me, Dad and my buddy and his wife went to game in Baltimore. She had been to tons of Iggles games, but no Baseball. The rain started (would last about an hour and a half) and she asked "Well, that was fun, so what do we do now?" :lol:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
how about "No Beers".

Don't you hate it when you are like 10 rows off the field enjoying the game and then someone 20 rows off the field is s***-drunk by the 4th innng and is being annoying by heckling stupid stuff the rest of the game? I just wish he'd pass out quickly just to shut him up.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
how about "No Beers".

Don't you hate it when you are like 10 rows off the field enjoying the game and then someone 20 rows off the field is s***-drunk by the 4th innng and is being annoying by heckling stupid stuff the rest of the game? I just wish he'd pass out quickly just to shut him up.

I've been that guy :(

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
...on a side note, who still calls women "Broads" are we back in the 1940's?

I know. I thought I was reading something from the script to "Guys and Dolls."

I like taking my wife to games and I enjoy taking my kids. To each his own.

Members online

Latest posts