Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jordan Zimmerman named Nationals #5 Starter for the season!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Just thought I'd share the news as it is now official (I searched & didn't see it posted- sorry if it was)! How does everyone think he will fare? Will he hit the Rookie wall? Will he win ROY? Lets hear it... :D

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I think he will put up mediocre numbers in a good hitting division in his first year. Hanson's numbers will absolutely blow his numbers away in my mind..

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Congrats to Jordan. I think he'll be a fine pitcher someday but I just don't understand the reasoning to rush him like this. Didn't they learn anything from Ross Detwiler?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
Congrats to Jordan. I think he'll be a fine pitcher someday but I just don't understand the reasoning to rush him like this. Didn't they learn anything from Ross Detwiler?

Pretty sure it was in Detwiler's contract that he got called.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
beefycheddar said:
sheetskout said:

In a contract that he was called the same year he was drafted? I can't imagine a clause like that. You're just asking for injury or immediate failure.

I wouldn't want a clause like that if I was Ross Detwiler either.....

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
beefycheddar said:
sheetskout said:

In a contract that he was called the same year he was drafted? I can't imagine a clause like that. You're just asking for injury or immediate failure.

I wouldn't want a clause like that if I was Ross Detwiler either.....

Andrew Miller had the clause in his contract as well, as he was called up in the 06 season.

Members online

Latest posts