Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Fernandez Autograph worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Do you think $175 and around $200 for ROMLB is too much?
This would be the perfect Christmas present for my brother but I did not expect prices to be in this range.

Thank you

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I still think prices are up do to his tragic death......They were going for much less then that when he was alive, so to me it's a bit high.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I agree that the price is too high. I actually needed him for my all-star collection and was caught off guard like so many when he died. I prefer certified cards for my autographs and ended up grabbing one for about $20, which was a bit higher than his living prices. Eventually they will settle. He has plenty of certified autographs and although he had a nice start to a career, he'll never add to those numbers. It's not like a Ken Hubbs situation, where he died early, young and without much in the way of a supply for autographs.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Thanks for all the opinions. Certified autos are way cheaper but my brother is not into collecting cards. I guess he'll have to settle for s framed piece with no auto.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Prices will likely fall dramatically over the next number of months.

It is a tragic story and Fernandez was a great pitcher, but due to the short length of his career he will have a limited following longterm.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was going to say "Doug Million" agrees to that last comment, but that is not a very even example. In fact, right now I can't think of a star level player who has died suddenly in an era where certified autographs are fairly plentiful. Looking at a list of players who have died while actively playing in the last decade or so, the two that come closest in my mind are Tommy Hanson and stretching a little, Darryl Kile. I say this because I am not sure Kile has very many (or any) pack pulled, certified autographed cards,

Fernandez may be an anomaly to this theory, as he was one of the better performing players to die in his prime in a long time, arguably the best long term potential given what he already accomplished since Munson in 1979.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baseball_players_who_died_during_their_careers

Members online

Latest posts