Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jordan Schafer 2005 or 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
base card, 2008
refractor 2005
xfractor 2005
blue ref 2005
Gold ref 2005

that's how i see it.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
base card, 2008
refractor 2005
xfractor 2005
blue ref 2005
Gold ref 2005

that's how i see it.

I forgot i bought a month of beckett online, and looked to see what they say
2005 gold=$250
2008 gold=$120

Plus there seems to be a ton of 2008 and not much 2005,,, i guess 2005 is the one to get
It just seemed like so many 2008 are getting some big bucks after the game ...lol

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
hofautos said:
Mudcatsfan said:
base card, 2008
refractor 2005
xfractor 2005
blue ref 2005
Gold ref 2005

that's how i see it.

I forgot i bought a month of beckett online, and looked to see what they say
2005 gold=$250
2008 gold=$120

Plus there seems to be a ton of 2008 and not much 2005,,, i guess 2005 is the one to get
It just seemed like so many 2008 are getting some big bucks after the game ...lol

It should also be noted, for what it's worth, that Wossa owns a nice bit of the 2005 parallels.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
While the consensus is true (well it's the consensus anyway, and that means something) it does not mean that the 2005's are better investments. The discussion is generally viewed from a collector's perspective, or "all things being equal." As far as the 2008's being more common, it's simply because they came out more recently and few have found their way into personal collections and the like.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Topnotchsy said:
While the consensus is true (well it's the consensus anyway, and that means something) it does not mean that the 2005's are better investments. The discussion is generally viewed from a collector's perspective, or "all things being equal." As far as the 2008's being more common, it's simply because they came out more recently and few have found their way into personal collections and the like.

The autos are better investments. People want autos.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

Who's people? I will take the 2005 GOLD RC without the auto over the 2008 GOLD auto (at least if its for pc)
I think over time, the ROOKIE will be the better investment.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

Who's people? I will take the RC without the auto.
People who don't collect cards that much and think "Auto ohh yeah!"

Wes

OG
Administrator
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

Who's people? I will take the 2005 GOLD RC without the auto over the 2008 GOLD auto (at least if its for pc)

People who buy into hype and therefore buy prospector's investments. Thus making them good investments.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
LLWesMan said:
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

People who buy into hype and therefore buy prospector's investments. Thus making them good investments.

As long as they are going up, money can be made....just get rid of them before they decline.

I bought a josh hamilton when someone said it would be stupid to buy him since they were already so high...i bought it just to prove a point and made $500.

bought when it was the only bgs 9.5 for $500 and sold for $1000 within a week.
http://www.sdlink.com/upload/joshhamilton95.jpg

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

As long as they are going up, money can be made....just get rid of them before they decline.

I bought a josh hamilton when someone said it would be stupid to buy him since they were already so high...i bought it just to prove a point and made $500.
I don't see him becoming Josh Hamilton, and personally I don't think there's much higher they can go right now unless he hits like 10 HR's in April or wins ROY by a longshot.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
aw00d05 said:
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
[quote="Topnotchsy":3gvnxp37]While the consensus is true (well it's the consensus anyway, and that means something) it does not mean that the 2005's are better investments. The discussion is generally viewed from a collector's perspective, or "all things being equal." As far as the 2008's being more common, it's simply because they came out more recently and few have found their way into personal collections and the like.

I don't see him becoming Josh Hamilton, and personally I don't think there's much higher they can go right now unless he hits like 10 HR's in April or wins ROY by a longshot.[/quote:3gvnxp37]

Granted there wont be hoopla around Shafer like hamilton, but I am also willing to make $50, don't need $500.
I agree, his time is short lived, but it's not really a risky gamble on something /25 or less at this stage.
Maybe after a disappointing week it will be though (lol)...seriously, i would buy the /25 for $200 today...my offer is in already, but it wont stay there for 48 hrs...

Wes

OG
Administrator
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
hofautos said:
LLWesMan said:
Topnotchsy said:

bought when it was the only bgs 9.5 for $500 and sold for $1000 within a week.
http://www.sdlink.com/upload/joshhamilton95.jpg

I wasn't saying the 05's are a bad investment - just that if you took $1k of 05 and $1k of comparable of 08 I think you'd end up with more money from your 08 investment this year.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I was mainly replying to another quote from someone else
-----------------------
,,, I don't think there's much higher they can go right now unless he hits like 10 HR's in April or wins ROY by a longshot."
-----------------------
I was just saying that as long as they are going up, there is still money to be made (short term)..just the margins are smaller.
less margins, but less gamble on buying prospects that dont pan out (lol)...

Members online

Latest posts