Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pedro Martinez- HOF?

Is Pedro Martinez a Hall of Famer

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
The thread just below this one got me thinking if Pedro Martinez should be in the HOF when all is set and done.

I say he is in already, but seeing that some others may not, I want to see what the entire board thinks.

Your opinion?

pedro-martinez-action.jpg

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
pujolsjunkie said:
This is such a non-debate that the thread should be locked.

Absolutely HOF.
I still want to hear what the minority opinion has to think. I agree that it is hardly an argument, but if some of those who voted "no" want to explain why, I am interested in hearing it.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Is the OP +/- 16 years of age? This is not a slight to the OP, but these questions seem
to arise from our younger crowd.

if Pedro doesnt get in First Ballot, burn the building to the ground!!!

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
ThoseBackPages said:
Is the OP +/- 16 years of age? This is not a slight to the OP, but these questions seem

I am 16, but I don't think I have to explain my opinion again! I think he is in for sure first ballot, but god forbid I want to hear what the other side has to say! :)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:

I am 16, but I don't think I have to explain my opinion again! I think he is in for sure first ballot, but god forbid I want to hear what the other side has to say! :)

Glad to hear it. as much as i dislike pitchers, i cant see why he wouldnt get in first ballot

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
ThoseBackPages said:
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Glad to hear it. as much as i dislike pitchers, i cant see why he wouldnt get in first ballot
I never questioned it haha, I merely asked the question to the board. Craiger said he didn't think Pedro would get in, so I made this thread for him and the other guys on the board to explain their opinion.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
sethyarkony said:
ThoseBackPages said:

I would REALLY like to hear the comments of the 3 that voted no!

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
jdfoxtrot79 said:
WTF i meen liek dere iz noh wayy dat pedro iz HOf like ZOMG teh boi iz sooper overratedz to teh uber max eztreme

Well I just accidently thanked that post instead of hitting the quote button first...

but anyways welcome miggy's stand in for this thread! :lol:

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
sethyarkony said:
jdfoxtrot79 said:
WTF i meen liek dere iz noh wayy dat pedro iz HOf like ZOMG teh boi iz sooper overratedz to teh uber max eztreme

Well I just accidently thanked that post instead of hitting the quote button first...

but anyways welcome miggy's stand in for this thread! :lol:

Yah I got thanked!!!!!!!! You know you wanted to Seth =]

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
I'm pretty sure anyone who voted no looks at Bert Blyleven first...

If that doesn't come up in their argument (which I just essentially began for them), I don't know what they will have to say in defense of their opinion.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Hmmm something strange happened, I refreshed the Page and saw a post from miggy and i went to reply to it and it seemed to have disappear,.... here I'll repost what it said:

miguelcabrera said:
are you serious? i voted no because there is no way that pedro gets in before miguel cabrera. miguel is going to get on the ballot next year, they are bending the rules just for him because he is like zomg best baseball player ever hands down. everyone knows that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
Hmmm something strange happened, I refreshed the Page and saw a post from miggy and i went to reply to it and it seemed to have disappear,.... here I'll repost what it said:

miguelcabrera said:
are you serious? i voted no because there is no way that pedro gets in before miguel cabrera. miguel is going to get on the ballot next year, they are bending the rules just for him because he is like zomg best baseball player ever hands down. everyone knows that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
sethyarkony said:

If that doesn't come up in their argument (which I just essentially began for them), I don't know what they will have to say in defense of their opinion.
Pedro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blyleven

All day, baby.

jdfoxtrot79

Jan 2, 2009
Washington
scotty21690 said:
sethyarkony said:

All day, baby.

Thats what she said

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
sethyarkony said:

It's fairly easy to discuss Blyleven without Pedro, and vice versa.

Either way, Pedro is in...but it may not be the first ballot. Not saying that he wouldn't deserve a first ballot entry...it's just not a guarantee.

Members online

Latest posts