Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strasburg Dominant Again! (Poll Added)

When Is the Best Time to Sell His Cards?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Pitched a complete game shutout this time.

9 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 14 K's!

44.gif

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Strasburg Dominant Again!

The bottom of the 9th inning was rather tense for him, but he seemed to thrive on it. His team was leading 1-0. First hitter singled, got to 2nd on a fielder's choice and stole 3rd. He then K'd the last two batters.

I'll see if I can find his pitch count.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Jaypers said:
Pitched a complete game shutout this time.
He makes hitters look like little boys.
But I hope for his sake Coach Gwynn doesn't overuse him like other college coaches have done to so many promising pitchers of the past.
After today's complete game, he's averaging 7 innings a game, so that's a good number to build arm strength.
He's fun to watch. I wish the Rangers could draft him!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Here's a good question - when would be the "peak" time to sell his cards?

I've added it to the top of this thread as a poll.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
His cards will experience an increase in demand during draft day. Thats a given. The question is how would they fair all winter long until April 2010? And what growth could they experience if he strikes out 17 in 8 IP?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

Jaypers said:
Here's a good question - when would be the "peak" time to sell his cards?

I've added it to the top of this thread as a poll.

He is clearly a man amongst boys. Once he moves up will he still be as dominant?? Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. If people held on to Cameron Maybin cards after the HR off Clemens.... you missed the boat. If people held on to Clay Buchholz cards after he pitched the No-No... you missed the boat. If people held on to Jay Bruce cards after the walkoff when he was called up.... you missed the boat. Id say your boat is about to ship on Strasburg.... do you cash in now.... or watch it sail away while you continue to hold his cards???

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kentuckyderby said:
Having the draft coverage finally on TV recently should also help in sales

Do you happen to know if the draft will be televised on MLBN, ESPN2, or both?

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I would say the pre-draft hype makes it the right time to sell. For as dominant as he is, I wouldn't risk going past that point as pitchers are just too dicey.

Too bad my rotisserie league instituted a rule that only players associated with an NL team (majors or minors) can be on a roster. So not only do we have to wait for the draft, we have to wait for him to sign.

Alex

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
UMich92 said:
I would say the pre-draft hype makes it the right time to sell. For as dominant as he is, I wouldn't risk going past that point as pitchers are just too dicey.

Too bad my rotisserie league instituted a rule that only players associated with an NL team (majors or minors) can be on a roster. So not only do we have to wait for the draft, we have to wait for him to sign.

Alex

The only time we add draft nonNL property is on draft day (I have Stras, Darvish, had Weeks years ago, lost Alex Gordon once he was drafted AL, also had guys like Prior, Wallace, Pedro A). Once draft is over, we can only pick up players associated with NL teams

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
bballcardkid said:
His cards will experience an increase in demand during draft day. Thats a given. The question is how would they fair all winter long until April 2010? And what growth could they experience if he strikes out 17 in 8 IP?

The actual question to be considered here is how saturated will the market be at that time (draft) when EVERYONE decides to sell .. it will actually drive prices down to lower than they could/should be if one sold earlier ... happens every year around draft day and the weeks preceding and following ...

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Casey2884 said:
bballcardkid said:

The actual question to be considered here is how saturated will the market be at that time (draft) when EVERYONE decides to sell .. it will actually drive prices down to lower than they could/should be if one sold earlier ... happens every year around draft day and the weeks preceding and following ...

I was going to pose that question, but even another question would be if Razor inks Strasburg, which some believe wont happen. If they do...$$$

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
bballcardkid said:
Casey2884 said:
bballcardkid said:

I was going to pose that question, but even another question would be if Razor inks Strasburg, which some believe wont happen. If they do...$$$

I'd say there's about a 1% chance they'll ink him to an exclusive contract, if his signing bonus will be any indication.

Besides, I gotta admit I'd like to see what his BDP Auto would fetch.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I think listing them to end the night of day one would be prime.

Because with the ESPN coverage, and the 4000 replays on Sportscenter...that 24-48 window of the draft would be key I think.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Jaypers said:
bballcardkid said:
Casey2884 said:
bballcardkid said:

I'd say there's about a 1% chance they'll ink him to an exclusive contract, if his signing bonus will be any indication.

Besides, I gotta admit I'd like to see what his BDP Auto would fetch.

I guess the answer to the question may be draft day then :cry:
I'm still interested in seeing how the Ultimate would fair after a call up or a nice big league start.

Members online

Latest posts