Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wieters Base Metal up to $22 bucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
Many still wish they were #ed so exact quantity would be known for SP purposes
How could they be #ed if the quantity of how many were to be sold unknown?

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
scotty21690 said:
kentuckyderby said:

1) #ed afterwards. Takes more time before sending BUT never have questions how many were in existence
2) # beforehand then people would know anything higher than # ____ was destroyed

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
scotty21690 said:
kentuckyderby said:

1) #ed afterwards. Takes more time before sending BUT never have questions how many were in existence
2) # beforehand then people would know anything higher than # ____ was destroyed
1. I'm pretty sure Brian is not going to have people wait longer to get their cards just so a # can be stamped on when a simple "SP" works fine.
2. A lot of people probably don't know that the remaining will be destroyed.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
kentuckyderby said:
scotty21690 said:
kentuckyderby said:

1. I'm pretty sure Brian is not going to have people wait longer to get their cards just so a # can be stamped on when a simple "SP" works fine.
2. A lot of people probably don't know that the remaining will be destroyed.

Part of the main reason why many bought into it was due to SP factor with any extras being destroyed. Even though this is just a small slice of the entire collecting industry many who bought here are relying heavily on the cards being destroyed and the value climbing due to the SP.
BG said they willl be destroyed so I'm sure they will. That is not what I am getting it. I am not denying that.
I am just saying that there are many who purchased the product that would prefer to know and be ceratin that _# of cards exist. #ing that would give them that assurance.

To some the #ing would have been reason to wait. Maybe not to you but to some maybe. For some, having the # stamped on beforehand would have added extra reassurance. Maybe not to you but to some.

The only person out there that really knows how many were made is BG. The only person who knows how many will exist a year from now is BG. I'm sure what he says is the total # is the total # BUT there are some who would prefer that the total # be more accountable. (ie serial #)

same reason why people like to see their golds #ed to 50 and their blues to /150. It nice knowing the exact # and having reinforcement that the stamp makes the claim valid.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
same reason why people like to see their golds #ed to 50 and their blues to /150. It nice knowing the exact # and having reinforcement that the stamp makes the claim valid.

You are waaaaaay too paranoid about BG screwing people over about releasing more than said. Plus, he could just number cards and have multoiple 146/150 or whatever. Topps has done that a lot

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Brad said:
kentuckyderby said:

You are waaaaaay too paranoid about BG screwing people over about releasing more than said. Plus, he could just number cards and have multoiple 146/150 or whatever. Topps has done that a lot

Plus with all the ones unsold getting destroyed IN PERSON I am sure someone could simply count or watch that and then post that number somewhere for those doubters.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
In general this is a most valid point given the recent history of the hobby and especially considering products meant purely for investment. We could list a bunch of brands where the real print run wasn't what it was supposed to be.

kentuckyderby said:

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
Brad said:
kentuckyderby said:

Plus with all the ones unsold getting destroyed IN PERSON I am sure someone could simply count or watch that and then post that number somewhere for those doubters.

But Brian still has the all the materials to make more :?

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
Brad said:
kentuckyderby said:

Even though I didn't even buy any I could however have an opinion on the matter and on perception.
I also said that I didn't think BG would screw people.
I mentioned how there are some that did buy into it (the SP factor) and any extra reassurance might make them more content

Sure companies have been "caught" making errors with the serial #ing. That makes the point even stronger. That if there were more cards released than stated, it would be caught.

Wasn't trying to turn this into a big deal. I was just saying that many out there would feel better if their SP had a serial # on it.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
Brad said:
kentuckyderby said:

Yeah, someone is going to count every card before they are destroyed???!!! Plus post it where?.....a year from now where is that post? A serial # would work better than some post for the doubters

We are talking about tens of thousands of cards being destroyed assuming only 1000 made of each and assuming every unsold card makes it to the National.

It comes down to faith I suppose. Like I said I didn't buy any but I can see why some would prefer serial #s

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
So then you don't believe in Short Prints in general? Topps makes these, UD makes short prints, Donruss made short prints. Every company does it, but how come you don't post doubting those numbers?

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
Johan Santana 57 said:
So then you don't believe in Short Prints in general? Topps makes these, UD makes short prints, Donruss made short prints. Every company does it, but how come you don't post doubting those numbers?

My three Beckham Golds all have /50 serial #s stamped on them

I was skeptical with the whole Billy Ripken Frick Face card SP (the exact #s)

Again, it's not just me. Like I said I believe they will be destroyed. I was just saying that I could be empathetic to those that would prefer serial #ing to reassure SP validity

Latest posts