Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

POLL!!!! WHO IS THE BETTER PLAYOFF HITTER A-ROD or HOWARD??

WHO IS THE WORST PLAYOFF HITTER?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Here's a pointless post/poll but what the heck. Keep in mind I like both players and collect a little of both players stuff in terms of cards. I have been following the Playoffs (all games) and Ryan Howard has just been pretty terrible throughout the playoffs (not sure why) and we all know about A-RODs history. Both of these guy's put up big numbers during the regular season but when it comes to playoffs they seem to just choke. When ever guy's like Howard or A-Rod put up huge numbers in the regular season I guess I expect it to carry over into the playoffs. So how ever you want to word it , who's worst or who's better, Who do you guys think has been worst in their playoff careers so far? I know Howard still has more games to be played in these playoffs and could turn it around but Im talking currently. All comments welcome or just vote. I say A-ROD only because he has more playoffs games under him and you would think with that many playoff games under him he would get over it. Plus even though Howard is struggling his team is winning!!

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008
A-Rod is one of the all-time greats. Howard is not. A-rod is bad in the postseason but not nearly as bad as big fat fatty.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
NerfXerks said:
A-Rod is one of the all-time greats. Howard is not. A-rod is bad in the postseason but not nearly as bad as big fat fatty.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I dont really have a comment on that last part as I like both guy's but you have a good point, as yes A-Rod is an all-time great but I guess I just dont get why these guy's dont produce in the playoffs.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
ARod's career playoff stats:

.279 .361 .483 in 147 AB. That's an .844 OPS. Certainly not ARod-esque but still quite good.

He has had precisely two awful playoff rounds. A total of 29 AB.

Sure, he's no Mr. October but he's also far from bad.

Then again, Jeter was nicknamed Mr. November for a series in which:
A) The Yankees lost
B) Captain Intangibles 'hit' .148/179/259 with precisely 1 RBI and a 0/6 BB/K rate.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
braden said:

.279 .361 .483 in 147 AB. That's an .844 OPS. Certainly not ARod-esque but still quite good.

A) The Yankees lost
B) Captain Intangibles 'hit' .148/179/259 with precisely 1 RBI and a 0/6 BB/K rate.
Yea the stats dont lie. That's great stuff. I may have to change my vote depending on how Howard finishes this series.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
braden said:

A) The Yankees lost
THANKS YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! It's about time someone actually looked at the stats.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Eh...for as much as they make...they should be killing the ball playoffs or not.There is no excuse one way or the other.They both stink compared to their regular season stats.I guess the only good outcome is that Ryan Howard can't possibly strike out as much in the playoffs as he did during the regular season this year.

Members online

Latest posts