Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Profile: Jim Leyritz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
The newest profile is up at http://therion.today.com. Today features the clutch hitter Jim Leyritz. I've also added a new feature to my profiles. What is it? Well, go read it and find out.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

SanDiego

Aug 7, 2008
Brunswick,Ohio
Good read, it provides a short, informative little section about a player that some younger people may not know about. I'm 16, and the only reason I know who Jim Leyritz is is because his son was on my Little League T-ball team. Leyritz was a pretty cool guy and I remember at the end of the year when we had a pizza party, he autographed my ball. It has since faded away, but I still keep it in a ball holder. I remember reading about him hitting those HRs in the WS and thinking how awesome it was that I met him. It's too bad what happened with the crash, he seemed like such a nice guy. Goes to show what addictions can do to you I guess.

Jake.

P.S. It might just be me, but the title at the top of the article is just filled with some font "code."

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
I wish he will forgive himself for his mistake, serve his time and have a second chance.
He will always be part of history, as he hit the last HR of the 20 century.
sc000fa6f101.png

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
championMan said:
I wish he will forgive himself for his mistake, serve his time and have a second chance.
He will always be part of history, as he hit the last HR of the 20 century.
sc000fa6f101.png

yup sure did, i actually have a ball signed by him that says last hr of the 20th century

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
championMan said:
oh KOBEARODLT did my idea on your post for cleaning your bgs holder help a bit?

i didnt even see it was bumped back up, i figured no one knew haha, let me check it out quick!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Therion said:
leatherman said:
KOBEARODLT said:
yup sure did, i actually have a ball signed by him that says last hr of the 20th century

Technically, the last home run of the 20th century was hit by Derek Jeter in this game from the 2000 World Series: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 0260.shtml

Leyritz had 13 postseason hits: 8 were home runs. Damn.

David

Yep. He's pretty much the definition of clutch.

The master of the hit and run.

::weak drum hit::

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
pujolsjunkie said:
Therion said:
leatherman said:
KOBEARODLT said:

Technically, the last home run of the 20th century was hit by Derek Jeter in this game from the 2000 World Series: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 0260.shtml

Leyritz had 13 postseason hits: 8 were home runs. Damn.

David

Yep. He's pretty much the definition of clutch.

The master of the hit and run.

::weak drum hit::

OY! That was BAD.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Dude cannot start his car without breathing into a breathalyzer. Then has the nerve to complain that the valet has a hard time using it.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Austin said:
A sad addendum to your profile, Leyritz threatened to commit suicide the other day.
Here's the article from ESPN:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4167269

Wow. I feel bad for him only because of the situation he is in. He made his own bed but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

An interesting thing I noticed in the article is that his charge was reduced to vehicular manslaughter. I tried to find out why and discovered that the driver that was killed in the other car actually had a blood-alcohol level higher than Leyritz did. It doesn't excuse Leyritz driving drunk but it puts a new light on the accident in my mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts