Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First ever game used item....IN HAND!! +Shoutouts!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I'll start out with the shoutouts....

First up is shanks25 [Chris]....I posted a shoutout in a thread made by someone else but he's a good guy so he can have two. :cool:

Mr. "*******" Shanks sent me a bunch of 05 DK Red Sox base for the ole' Sox binder and this awesome vintage card:

jimrice77hrl.jpg

I like a lot!! :) Thanks a ton buddy!

Next up.....my morning crew man, ALEX!!! Metallicalex777 shot me a pm a little while ago wanted to send me some of his awesome coffee and a little something....I got the package in and was thrilled by it's contents. :)

One pound of Starbucks specialty coffee, ground up to perfection. ;) VERY good stuff!!

And he slipped in a few cards as well:

redsoxfromalex.jpg
My first Bowden card!!! Along with a Weiland ref and a Red Sox aces trio card!! :D

And then I see this card looking back at me:

jimricesweetspotauto.jpg

:eek: :mrgreen:

SICK!!!! One of my favorite products, and a Jimmie Rice auto nonetheless, sick card and my scanner doesnt do it justice! Goes very well with the card shanks sent me! Thanks a ton Alex, you da MAN!! :mrgreen:

And my first ever GU item........
[Sorry they are ebay scans, I lost my camera cord ::facepalm:: ]

DWIGHT EVANS GAME USED BAT!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2678_3.jpg
a9eb_3.jpg
!BRjoG6w!2k~$(KGrHgoOKj4EjlLmY+TiBJ-m,m(J-g~~_3.jpg
0cbb_3.jpg
!BRjof8gBWk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,WWnBJ-mdJhzfw~~_3.jpg
1334_3.jpg
!BRjoZ,!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKi8EjlLm(rUzBJ-mcgmn6w~~_3.jpg
!BRjosT!!2k~$(KGrHgoOKiMEjlLmVzhzBJ-meebFHg~~_3.jpg

[ebay:2xp3yngr]280340572391[/ebay:2xp3yngr]

It's SO SICK in person!!! Shows a LOT of use, a great addition to my Red Sox collection... :D

I also speared my white whale....but I am not posting it until it is in hand. :eek:

Thanks for looking!
-Scott

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Love the bat Scott, absolute love it! If you ever get sick of it.....
Can't wait until the whale arrives, should be soon right?
:mrgreen:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
Wow, Scott!! Nice mailday. Awesomw gesture by Alex. Nice price on that Evans bat.
Thanks a lot Jeff, I was very content with the price I paid for the Dewey bat...hopefully I can add a few other gamers this summer!

metallicalex777 - Thanks Alex. :) And the pool table is not mine, but if it were I would send it your way...I'm terrible at pool. :lol: Thanks again bud!

rebelpawn - I had a hunch you might like the bat, James. ;) Not sure if this one is leaving the PC anytime soon, I'll keep an eye out for one for your collection though! And the whale should be here in about a week and a halfish [sending MO out Saturday], I cant WAIT! :D

gvsu96 - Thanks a lot Josh! And yep, free coffee....ain't nothin better! :D

matchpenalty - Thanks a TON for the link!!

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Wow! Your work on the golf course is paying off. Sweet sweet sweet Dewey bat!! :eek: :D Let me guess, first thing you did with it was get in his batting stance, wasn't it?! ;) Oh, and the other cards... meh. jk!! Good stuff scotty!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Congrats on your first gamer!

Don't be like me and play with them while watching the game. I'm terribly known for carrying around game used bats to shake at the TV while watching baseball.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Very very nice GU bat, Scotty! Looks awesome and that price is great as well! One of these days, I'm going to have to get one as well.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
wideright said:
Wow! Your work on the golf course is paying off. Sweet sweet sweet Dewey bat!! :eek: :D Let me guess, first thing you did with it was get in his batting stance, wasn't it?! ;) Oh, and the other cards... meh. jk!! Good stuff scotty!
:oops: :oops: :oops:

:lol:

Thanks a lot Dave! And yes, my whale popped up at a good time, I can finally afford some cards now. :cool: Only drawback is that I can not partake in the Morning Crew thread anymore! :( Take care bud

BunchOBull - Thanks! And I'll try not to. :D :lol:

coltsfan23 - Thanks man!!! GL on your GU bat quest, they are very nice items for any collection...any particular player you may want? :)

theplasticman - Thanks!!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the second shoutout, Scotty.....it's great to hear that you like the cards. It's funny....I sent out 11 packages of free cards and only heard back from 3 people.... :?

You're not a bad guy yourself...............................

......for a *******

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
WOW awesome bat Scotty. the Sox cards from Alex are pretty nice as well.

we miss you in the morning thread. congrats on landing your White Whale can't wait to see it.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
shanks25 said:
Thanks for the second shoutout, Scotty.....it's great to hear that you like the cards. It's funny....I sent out 11 packages of free cards and only heard back from 3 people.... :?

You're not a bad guy yourself...............................

......for a *******
You son of a gun you!! :lol:

ALL_THE_HYPE - Thanks a lot Ryan....and yes, I'm going to get a display case for my bat this summer when I do my room over, gonna look pretty sick when it's finished.

pghbuccos - Thanks Dave! I miss you guys in the MC but I'm there on the weekends so I still get to check in on ya guys. ;) Let's just say my whale was not my most expensive card I own, but one I thought I would NEVER see up for auction, let alone afford it! :)

jay1065 - Thanks a lot Jay, and yep....it sure as hell shows a TON of use! Ball marks, cleat marks, etc. Very cool item....I cannot wait for the whale either, should be here within the next week and a half!! :D

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
...makes me remember the "Dewey" "Dewey" "Dewey" chants the Fenway crowd use to make......

Great pick-up and some very nice gestures....

BTW- Dewey will be on NESN for tomorrow's game (I think I heard that on tonight's broadcast)......

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
...makes me remember the "Dewey" "Dewey" "Dewey" chants the Fenway crowd use to make......

Great pick-up and some very nice gestures....

BTW- Dewey will be on NESN for tomorrow's game (I think I heard that on tonight's broadcast)......
Thanks Scott!! :)
And I will have to check out Dewey tomorrow. :cool:

Members online

Latest posts