Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rays call up two players.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
I really don't see a reason for them to call up Matt Joyce. The way Zobrist has been hitting, he really should be the everyday RF for the time being.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
According to draysbay.com, one of them will likely be Brignac. Sure hope he gets more than 10 AB's this time. He's a talented kid and deserves it.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Jaypers said:
According to draysbay.com, one of them will likely be Brignac. Sure hope he gets more than 10 AB's this time. He's a talented kid and deserves it.

I don't see him getting much playing time with the way Bartlett has been hitting. I still wish we would have dumped him and Niemann last season at the deadline. Especially if the rumor is true that it would have landed Bay.

The rays offense is not the issue. Get Price in the Rotation or throw him in the pen, bring up Davis and do the same with him. Kazmir needs to be evaluated and Neiman is garbage. They have the tools to fix the pitching, starting and bullpen. There almost at .500 baseball, They need to get goin before the race gets out of hand. With the way the yanks and sox are looking , time is of the essence.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
The rays offense is not the issue. Get Price in the Rotation or throw him in the pen, bring up Davis and do the same with him. Kazmir needs to be evaluated and Neiman is garbage. They have the tools to fix the pitching, starting and bullpen. There almost at .500 baseball, They need to get goin before the race gets out of hand. With the way the yanks and sox are looking , time is of the essence.

While they are certainly scoring runs, imagine how much better they'd be if they didn't have complete black holes at CF, RF, and C. Not just below-average players but complete and utter suckitude from 1/3 of their starting line-up.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
braden said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

While they are certainly scoring runs, imagine how much better they'd be if they didn't have complete black holes at CF, RF, and C. Not just below-average players but complete and utter suckitude from 1/3 of their starting line-up.

As I said before, Zobrist should be starting everyday in RF, that would at least take care of one of the problems.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
braden said:
Big Mac McGwire said:

As I said before, Zobrist should be starting everyday in RF, that would at least take care of one of the problems.

I agree. While he won't keep up that production for a full season, there's no point in not riding the hot bat. I mean, really, you know what you get from Gross and Kapler and it's not a hell of a lot.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Well this basically guarantees that Davis or Price will be called up next week to take Kazmir's spots, as the Rays have no off days all week.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
cowboysrule48 said:
Well this basically guarantees that Davis or Price will be called up next week to take Kazmir's spots, as the Rays have no off days all week.

punk.gif

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Kazmir officially hits the DL - I'd assume Davis is a lock to come up.

As for the guy that said Niemann is garbage, exactly on what grounds do you base that opinion on? First year in the majors and the guy is holding his own. He has the kept the Rays in almost every game he's pitched in. Just needs to get the walks down, which he did last time out. Sonnanstine and Kazmir have been the problem, not Niemann.

Members online

Latest posts