Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET - 5/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Great list. I didn't think Price would be on there myself. I knew he was team photo worthy as you said Jaypers, but that was shocking. No Moustakas either.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Jaypers said:
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2009/268168.html

How Wallace only made the Team Photo is beyond me. And no Price?????

I thought the same thing about Wallace, until I looked at what the other bats on the list did. Some great performances out there.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Just asked about Price for their upcoming chat. One of two things will happen:

1) They'll print it with a good reason for excluding him, or
2) They won't print it, which is their way of admitting that they screwed up.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
Hate to see Kyle Blanks on the not hot list. I've been waiting on him for a while. That move to LF really screwed up his stroke for whatever reason.

craw_song

Nov 20, 2008
san francisco
sheetskout said:
I'm happy for Peter Bourjos. I think this guy is going to be an exciting player.

Couldn't agree more! He's an awesome defender by all accounts as well....just waiting on the power to develop (Angels brass have been quoted as saying they think he could become a 15-20 HR hitter at some point), and waiting for him to start taking more walks (which he has already shown improvement in this year). Now if only he got a little hobby love....base chrome autos are still around $8-10 each!

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
Invest4thefuture said:
cmon vitters price jump... this weekend could be a nice time to sell. :)
i doubt it.

It really is no surprise he is #1, i dont see base sterlings getting much higher then 30-35 at the most this weekend..

While it could be a nice profit for some who bought at $20, me included in that, I see so much more potential in his sterlings then that..

i'll be holding until they hit 40 which i dont think they will have a problem doing at some time this year if he keeps it up

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
dchurg said:
Invest4thefuture said:
i doubt it.

It really is no surprise he is #1, i dont see base sterlings getting much higher then 30-35 at the most this weekend..

While it could be a nice profit for some who bought at $20, me included in that, I see so much more potential in his sterlings then that..

i'll be holding until they hit 40 which i dont think they will have a problem doing at some time this year if he keeps it up

I'd be happy for $30-35 and I'll take a small profit there. His stuff may get higher later on, but if anything, I'll rebuy at around $20 sometime in the future. If they don't dip back down, I'll move on. I'm not gonna get greedy here with a small profit.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
Invest4thefuture said:
dchurg said:
Invest4thefuture said:
i doubt it.

I'd be happy for $30-35 and I'll take a small profit there. His stuff may get higher later on, but if anything, I'll rebuy at around $20 sometime in the future. If they don't dip back down, I'll move on. I'm not gonna get greedy here with a small profit.
I would normally agree with this EXCEPT when talking about a top level prospect...
We are talking about the #3 pick in the draft, he has David Wright offensive potential in a huge baseball market...

Also i wouldnt sell with the hope to re-buy because his sterlings at 20 are waaayyy undervalued and doubt we see them at that price again for a long while....

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
If only he had 07 chrome... I'll take offers on my lone sterling auto, but I definitely wouldn't consider now the time to buy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The bolded part of this answer made me laugh. Who knew this was actually BA's Cumulative Hot Sheet?

JAYPERS (IL): No David Price??? Granted, he threw only 5 innings, but what 5 innings they were, K'ing 9 along the way and showing why he has arguably the highest ceiling of anyone on the Hot Sheet. Was it merely the lack of playing time that excluded him, or something else?

Jim Shonerd: Good afternoon and welcome to this week's prospects chat. This is my first go-around with our new chat software, so hopefully this won't be too ugly. Let's get started. We considered Price, but the facts that he only threw five innings plus this was the first time all year he's been really dominant were what kept him off. This was a pretty crowded week for pitchers as well.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
#12 isn't as sexy as #1, but it's all good. :cool:

Arrieta2007USAPatrioticPatch1-20.jpg

Arrieta2007DonrussEEEGoldStatusAuto.jpg

Arrieta2008BowmanChromeOrangeRefrac.jpg

*Thanks JP. I'm an idiot. lol

Members online

Latest posts