Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help from the "big spenders" on this board; rare card $

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I have patiently played the waiting game for a card that I have desperately wanted to show up in auction format (**** Burbank and Evolution Sports Marketing). Now, I'm nervous as to how much the card will go for.

I'm so nervous in fact, that I don't even want to post the card. If some of you "SP chasers" or "rare" card collectors could PM me and give me your opinions, I'd be greatful.

Basically, I need to know if I need to raise more funds in the next few days.

Thanks.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
PMs returned. Thanks guys. I'll be interested in your thoughts.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Just like any other card buying decision, decide the absolute maximum price you will pay and put that number in the gixen snipe box! :D

starwarsfan2003

Dec 4, 2008
Ive had that happen to me before, and it all depends on rarity and/or how often they come up on Ebay.

If this is going to be a centerpiece card, ie one of your top 5, then go for it full force;

If its something that will eventually show up again, bid accordingly.

I have no idea what the card in question is, but if your sure you wont see it again for a while, bite the bullet and pay that premium to get it.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I think it goes without saying that there should be a follow-up/update post when the auction is over.

Also if it's Brewer's or vintage related and you want to shoot me a PM with the details, I promise not to bid. Probably. ;)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Exposfan- nope, i'm working a mission at the Indy car race in Milwaukee

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I was in a similar situation last month, there was a card I was waiting for ages to pop up. I figured it would go for about 400 but I put in a bid of just over 600 in case. I won it for about 570, so I would recommend bidding as high as you possibly can.

Members online

Latest posts