Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Crack and resubmit or Sub-Bump Attempt?

Which has a better chance for success?

• Crack and Re-Submit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Sent in a card and was surprised that it came back a BGS 9 (subs of 9, 9, 9.5, 9.5). I'm fairly confident could/should be a BGS 9.5, so I'm going to send it back to BGS for another try. I'm looking for opinions on which you think would give the better chance at a successful upgrade: Crack the 9 case and resubmit the card altogether? Or send in the whole slab and hope for a sub-bump?

My thoughts are that I'm only .5 away from an overall 9.5, so a sub-bump may be the way to go...but at the same time, do they actually take the time to closely review a sub-bump attempt?

Thoughts?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
On a sub bump attempt, if it does not bump, they send you a detailed sheet noting the flaws for why they did not bump the card. This might help you out a bit.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
JVC said:
On a sub bump attempt, if it does not bump, they send you a detailed sheet noting the flaws for why they did not bump the card. This might help you out a bit.

Detailed note: The corners are crap!

:lol: Kidding aside I don't think it matters.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NECpilgrims8 said:
What card is it?

That makes a difference.

Thanks for the input so far guys, here is the card. I'm looking at it right now again and although I can definitely understand the 9 centering grade, I'm really struggling to see why the edges only got a 9. I'm no pro grader obviously, but they look not just like a 9.5 to me, but perfect.

WilkinGold9.jpg

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NECpilgrims8 said:
I would just try for a sub-bump.

Is he still selling well?

Stuff died down a bit since he was optioned, but I made some nice sales and have since re-bought a bunch of stuff for less than what I just sold the same stuff for a couple weeks ago. Always feels good to profit off a guy multiple times, hopefully Wilkin is no different.

JVC- Back edges look just as perfect as the front ones. I am very confident that they will receive a better grade or get the bump this time around.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
JVC- Back edges look just as perfect as the front ones. I am very confident that they will receive a better grade or get the bump this time around.

are you viewing the edges with a loupe or just your own eye power?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts