Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OH MY GOD, heaven fell to me on Father's Day, NEED ADVICE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
OK, so this will sound TOO good to be true, but I SWEAR it is!
My mother-in-law is cleaning up her deceased parents house (Grandpa passed away shortly after Grandma) and IN THE PROCESS she came across a HOLY GRAIL of football cards!!!!
I SWEAR THIS IS REAL:
1997UpperDeckLegendsJU.jpg

1997UpperDeckLegendsJU1.jpg

Johnny Unitas 1997 Upper Deck Legends Auto #AL-9

NOW, I had NO idea how much this thing booked for NOR how rare it was! I knew it would book nice as the Walter Peyton, but WOW!

SO, I need advice on how much to sell it for. It means nothing to me but a cash cow. I tried to find a completed auction for it on Ebay and no luck. PLEASE give me some idea. I know how rare the 1997 UD Legends set is, I've read enough banter about it on these threads!

Thanks for any help!
Eric

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I'm sorry, but I can't help a bit on price. However, DANG. I'm sure you saw the Burbank Sportscards one with an almost $2k BIN. I suppose if I was in your shoes, I'd put a BIN that's less than Burbank and just take offers.

Jeez, what a find.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
ffgameman said:
Um, congrats! :eek: Based on my Beckett (a year outdated) you are looking at a $1500 BV card right there.

Yeah, that is what my Beckett says. BUT, is it rare enough for a SV of the same or more? Or would it fetch anywhere close to $1,000?

I know someone here has a graded Walter Peyton, how much did that run ya??

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
Groat said:
I'm sorry, but I can't help a bit on price. However, DANG. I'm sure you saw the Burbank Sportscards one with an almost $2k BIN. I suppose if I was in your shoes, I'd put a BIN that's less than Burbank and just take offers.

Jeez, what a find.

No, I didn't see Burbanks, I'll have to look!

Groat

Feb 7, 2009

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
J-Rod said:
nice sale

Thank you all for your advice and help, someone emailed me last night and asked if I would take the $1,500 BV for it. I said yes, he gave me the offer, I took it and he paid IMMEDIATELY! I HOPE it was a board member, but sadly, I doubt it. Thanks again for all the help though, I was just TOO lost, don't know enough about Unitas to have any clue what that card would have sold for!
Appreciate ALL the help guys, really, I do!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts