Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to increase your cards value up to 8-10x...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Just add a 1/1 to the front of it...

[ebay:2vri6ea7] 320386148682[/ebay:2vri6ea7]

This hobby is really starting to piss me off. Why should we associate with all the patch faking, buyback faking, auto faking **********?

Is anyone ever going to stand up and do something about it?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
eBay doesn't care. They're getting money and that's all that matters to them.

I have to estimate if there was a guide price, it would have to be near the $6,000+ mark.

And yet, it sold for less than $600.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
EricInCT said:
stupid Q: How do we know it is fake?

There was a thread about this card when it was first put up on eBay. It's basically a base auto that someone just put a 1/1 on it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
EricInCT said:

There was a thread about this card when it was first put up on eBay. It's basically a base auto that someone just put a 1/1 on it.

I thought it was sealed? Did someone see him put the 1/1 on it and know the guy?

jrtowles46

Jan 11, 2009
EricInCT said:
kdailey4315 said:
EricInCT said:

I thought it was sealed? Did someone see him put the 1/1 on it and know the guy?
i think those cases are pretty easy to tamper with from what i have heard.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
The real problem is with the card companies themselves. They need to establish some sort of database that catalogs what they produce, so people don't get screwed on these fakes. 2006 Bowman Originals really screwed things up.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
chuckbartowski said:
Yeah....I'm tired of it...while I'm not done totally with sports cards I am mostly done with them
:shock: :shock:

You can't go....You have one of the sickest collections ever!!!

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
While it is really annoying, it's quite weird.

If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't know about all these fakes.

I have never came across a fake card on eBay just browsing for the stuff that I buy.

It might just be me, but there's still a very low percentage of fake cards.

However, if nothing is does, that percentage will continue to rise..

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Philip J. Fry said:

I have to estimate if there was a guide price, it would have to be near the $6,000+ mark.

Sounds about right then, don't a lot of cards sell for 10% of book or less?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
jrtowles46 said:
EricInCT said:
kdailey4315 said:
EricInCT said:

i think those cases are pretty easy to tamper with from what i have heard.
They are. I took a card out of an uncirculated case once because it doesn't fit with my collecting style to keep them in the case (unless they're low printed).

I decided to do it carefully just to test things out. I threw a Bowman Chrome Red Refractor /5 in, and put the "tamper proof" sticker back on. Everybody I showed it to thought it was an uncirculated refractor.

It was so easy that I did it on my first try in 10 minutes without any mistakes.

Moral of the story - don't put your trust into something just because of a sticker.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
flightposite said:
Razor is going to photograph their newer patch cards for documentation. Upper Deck is allowing a person to come in and photograph their patches in the next "The Cup" hockey series, although it is at the expense of a collector looking to do a good deed. Both are steps in the right direction, but won't be enough to stop everything.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
i43770 said:
Philip J. Fry said:

Sounds about right then, don't a lot of cards sell for 10% of book or less?

Oh I was just making a comment at what the seller wrote, thinking he knows what BV is.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Card Magnet said:
flightposite said:
Razor is going to photograph their newer patch cards for documentation. Upper Deck is allowing a person to come in and photograph their patches in the next "The Cup" hockey series, although it is at the expense of a collector looking to do a good deed. Both are steps in the right direction, but won't be enough to stop everything.

All companies should do this as well for all years. Make it available to the public. See ALL the patches and cards available.....I bet if someone saw a sick patch and knew it was real and a possibility to find one in the bottom of a box, they might increase their box/case sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts