Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Flipping Razor Cards So Far: Good result or Bad Result?

Were you happy with your initial Razor flips?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Although Razor has only been around for a year or so, several Razor exclusive players have gone off, and positive monetary flips have become avaiable. For those that took advantage of those flips, were you happy with the ending prices of your cards, or you were you dissapointed? Please feel free to elaborate!

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Honestly, I think I am going to take a huge loss on my Hosmer Razor auto /5. The thing is though I got it at a good price too.
EHosmer.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I just paid over 100 for a Casey Kelly /5 Exclusive. Didn't even think twice on bidding high on that. My snipe was set for two times what I paid.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Are any of the Signature Series selling for more than they were during the initial release?

I think Razor's potential gains will be made when there are no other autographs of a player while the player is becoming a star in the MLB. We haven't seen that yet. Wieters is the only Razor player who is currently in the MLB and Razor was his third year of autographs.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Are any of the Signature Series selling for more than they were during the initial release?

I think Razor's potential gains will be made when there are no other autographs of a player while the player is becoming a star in the MLB. We haven't seen that yet. Wieters is the only Razor player who is currently in the MLB and Razor was his third year of autographs.

Thats the goal, yes, but as you know, many prospecting profits are made while that player is still in the minors. If Razor hopes to continue to compete in the prospect market, they better hope that their cards can be flipped for profit as the market is largely run by prospectors (atleast in my opnion).

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Thats the goal, yes, but as you know, many prospecting profits are made while that player is still in the minors. If Razor hopes to continue to compete in the prospect market, they better hope that their cards can be flipped for profit as the market is largely run by prospectors (atleast in my opnion).

Yes, but predominantly the players who only have had Razor cards are still at the A level, at most double A.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
beefycheddar said:
soccerman034 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Yes, but predominantly the players who only have had Razor cards are still at the A level, at most double A.

Still, with hot starts like the ones guys like Alonso, Weeks, and Kelly (among other) had, I would think some profits would have been made. I am not a Razor basher my any means (check out my prospect profile if you have any doubts), but the profit potential does concern me a bit.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
beefycheddar said:
soccerman034 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Still, with hot starts like the ones guys like Alonso, Weeks, and Kelly (among other) had, I would think some profits would have been made. I am not a Razor basher my any means (check out my prospect profile if you have any doubts), but the profit potential does concern me a bit.

Alonso and Kelly prices started high, and the level they are at still, there wasn't a ton of growth potential. It's still too early to judge. The Metal Base is going to be hard to judge value wise now since Wossa poured so much in to some guys that it will be almost impossible to make profit. Example David Cooper gold base sold for 46, his autos didn't get bids at 12 dollars some times.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Better example to cement my point would be if you sank a ton of money in to USA autos of say Hosmer, Smoak, and Alvarez you'd be losing money right now too.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Here let me give you an example:

Jemile Weeks is probably the hottest hitter in the minors right now, I mean the guy is absolutley on fire. Before play began, I picked up two of his gold autos for $13-15 a piece. I have asked a number of people what I should expect if I were to sell one of these cards, and the general consensus is around $20-25. After fee's that comes out to a profit of about $5. How much profit do you think I would make with a low numbered bowman chrome auto of the same guy?

If we are going to say that Razor cards in general are for long term flips, ok, but I think that a large percentage of the prospecting market are in it for the quick flips (i.e. 1-2 months).

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
It seems that the amount of singles has decreased on EBAY. I've been trying to pick up something decent of Aaron Crow and can't find much...

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
cgilmo said:
now now jon

you know that performance dosen't always equal a price spike

let him get some more hype

He's a first round pick. He was on the last Hot Sheet. Hes a Razor exclusive.

Not sure what more he really needs....

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
soccerman034 said:
cgilmo said:
now now jon

you know that performance dosen't always equal a price spike

let him get some more hype

He's a first round pick. He was on the last Hot Sheet. Hes a Razor exclusive.

Not sure what more he really needs....

Another team's logo on his uniform.

Members online

Latest posts