Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

JORDAN LYLES - Fastest Razor Metal sell-out yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jordan Lyles appears to have sold out in less than 12 hours...all 187 base metal autographs.

Wow, only 5 buyers accounted for all of them...including one buyer for 95.

Very impressive.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
You know they are kicking themselves for that pricing. Personally, I'll wait for the chromes to come out when he is closer to the show.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
At $3.50, those were a steal...a flat out steal. I should have pulled the trigger on more than 10.

I actually just logged into eBay to buy more of them when I noticed that they were gone.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I didn't think they would sell out so fast. I had intended on buying some, but I figured there would be plenty of time. I was wrong.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
trademhigh said:
I didn't think they would sell out so fast. I had intended on buying some, but I figured there would be plenty of time. I was wrong.
It's crazy, I was the first buyer...and in only an hour and 16 minutes the remaining 177 were sold.

Clearly the window was short...very short.

As far as I am concerned, any 18-year-old putting up those totals in Low-A ball is impressive.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
masonphillip said:
Is Jordan an exclusive?
Yes.

Yes, then that was a great price.

I wonder if there are anymore that will set out via the fixed price listing. The only other sell outs I am aware of are Vance Worley and Justin Smoak.

Hicks at $12 and Lawrie at $12.50 seem like reasonable deals to me but then again, Hicks has been up at that price for a long time without much movement.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
trademhigh said:
It's crazy, I was the first buyer...and in only an hour and 16 minutes the remaining 177 were sold.

As far as I am concerned, any 18-year-old putting up those totals in Low-A ball is impressive.
Agreed. Do you think someone posting about him had anything to do with it? He did not mention who he was referring to in the thread, although it was obvious he was talking about Lyles.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
trademhigh said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
trademhigh said:

Agreed. Do you think someone posting about him had anything to do with it? He did not mention who he was referring to in the thread, although it was obvious he was talking about Lyles.
Not sure what the thread you are referring to, but clearly being 18 all season and with those amazing K:IP and K:BB ratios along with being #3 on the BA Hot Sheet helps.

And the price...which was $3.25/ea...not $3.50.

It's a shame...he was the key Metal autograph I was waiting for. I can't even fathom what the blues and golds will go for.

It's interesting, I think I have just under 10 of the Signature Series Black Lyles #/199 and these Metal versions are slightly more rare, more attractive...and typically less expensive.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
trevordchi said:
You know they are kicking themselves for that pricing. Personally, I'll wait for the chromes to come out when he is closer to the show.

Untrue. Brian's prices are only a smidge higher than what he paid the player to sign. He doesn't look to cash in on anyone, not just Lyles.

You can call that Kool-aid if you like, but I call it the truth.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Jaypers said:
trevordchi said:

Untrue. Brian's prices are only a smidge higher than what he paid the player to sign. He doesn't look to cash in on anyone, not just Lyles.

You can call that Kool-aid if you like, but I call it the truth.

I guess you're probably right. The most they probably could have sold out for was only a few dollars more meaning a few hundred bucks. $400-500 probably isn't that significant to a company that dropped as much money as they did to sign all those first rounders. Couldn't have hurt though.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
I'm pissed, I was cutting the grass when they were released and by the time I finished they were gone.

I sold a Razor black auto for $16.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
blitzerlover said:
I'm pissed, I was cutting the grass when they were released and by the time I finished they were gone.

There are a lot of people that missed on this one.

I can't seem to figure out when exactly they were listed, but I think the actual sell-out window was under 3.5 hours.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
blitzerlover said:

There are a lot of people that missed on this one.

I can't seem to figure out when exactly they were listed, but I think the actual sell-out window was under 3.5 hours.

Pretty sure they were listed around 12-12:30.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
200lbhockeyplayer said:
trademhigh said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
trademhigh said:

Not sure what the thread you are referring to, but clearly being 18 all season and with those amazing K:IP and K:BB ratios along with being #3 on the BA Hot Sheet helps.

And the price...which was $3.25/ea...not $3.50.

It's a shame...he was the key Metal autograph I was waiting for. I can't even fathom what the blues and golds will go for.

It's interesting, I think I have just under 10 of the Signature Series Black Lyles #/199 and these Metal versions are slightly more rare, more attractive...and typically less expensive.
Unfortunately for you, much more now that there was attention brought onto the cards.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Russ S. said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Unfortunately for you, much more now that there was attention brought onto the cards.
I was really hoping for these Lyles Metal singles to hit before the season started...and searched everyday for them.

Perhaps as JP stated, it may not be a coincidence that they were listed during his first mention on the BA Hot Sheet.

I'm happy with 10, but when I logged back in to buy more, I was planning on 30 more.

At this point, the cat is clearly out of the bag, so I'll sit back and see where the parallels go...and let everyone else fight it out.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Very fast sell-out, and I was completely shocked when I went to ebay to buy a few more after my initial pick up. I think it was all FCB members. Now I gotta figure out if there are any other metal autos I need to pick up before they're all gone.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Adam G said:
Very fast sell-out, and I was completely shocked when I went to ebay to buy a few more after my initial pick up. I think it was all FCB members. Now I gotta figure out if there are any other metal autos I need to pick up before they're all gone.
Well, I would guess that a lot of the Metal purchases are in the hands of FCB members.

That said, only 5 eBayers were able to buy any of the Lyles Metals.

Quantities per buyer...

Hopefully someone friendly picked up the 95.

If you don't mind me asking...how many did you get?

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Ugh..I was on vacation and missed them. He was also one of the main guys I wanted to pick up along his teamate Ross Seaton whos base metal autos at 3.00 were also an absolute steal. I guess Ill just have to live with my 6 black /199 autos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts