Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is there anywhere you can buy base cheap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
The reason I ask is because I'm looking for Ron Washington stuff (most is just 80's base with some minor league stuff) and I've found alot of them with certain sellers on Beckett Marketplace, but they're like .50 each and like $10 for shipping 50 cards. Yes I checked sportlots and most sellers only have 5 cards at the most of him. So my question is there anywhere you can get this stuff for like .10 each or something and that won't charge $10 for shipping 30-40 cards.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Of a non star it is unlikely that you will find anywhere were you can get a ton of cards from one seller. Best option would probably be to just eat the shipping costs on some of the sites. Sportslot shipping isn't bad.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Of a non star it is unlikely that you will find anywhere were you can get a ton of cards from one seller. Best option would probably be to just eat the shipping costs on some of the sites. Sportslot shipping isn't bad.
sportlots is great, the search thing for me isn't working so I have to go through every set and find him, but I think I found a guy who may have a few thing, more than likely I'll just bite the shipping from Beckett becauser quite a few of the cards are rarer minor league cards that I haven't found anywhere else or team issues.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
This will be one of the few times that I say card shops. I assume that they will sell in the common price range and a good shop with a crapload of cards will probably work out well for you.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
bouwob said:
This will be one of the few times that I say card shops. I assume that they will sell in the common price range and a good shop with a crapload of cards will probably work out well for you.
That's what my next thought was, the last time I tried to go by the shop they were closed due to a family illness (I think it may be the owner since he's pretty old). But if they're open I'll run by there and check.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
aw00d05 said:
mredsox89 said:
sportlots is great, the search thing for me isn't working so I have to go through every set and find him, but I think I found a guy who may have a few thing, more than likely I'll just bite the shipping from Beckett becauser quite a few of the cards are rarer minor league cards that I haven't found anywhere else or team issues.
I had that problem with the seach as well what they told me to do to fix is not type in the whole name. Like if you were searching for David Ortiz just type in Davi and Ort for the first and then last names. Then the select year screen will come up which if you are searching for a player who a lot of cards each year then just select one year at a time.

Members online

Latest posts