Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Barry Sanders SUPER CHASE on the bay!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
WOW! I don't get it! Let's see, Babe Ruth certified cut auto, or a toy that was made a year ago? Hmmmm... Tough one. ::facepalm::

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
bodiaz said:
WOW! I don't get it! Let's see, Babe Ruth certified cut auto, or a toy that was made a year ago? Hmmmm... Tough one. ::facepalm::

I wonder how many of those "certified" cut autos are actually real???

Willywanker

Feb 18, 2009
Outside of Motown
seriously that much for one of those. Honestly never would have guessed those things go so high. Guess I need to sit around at the toy stores and wait for the new cases to be opened.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
You should hop over on the Mcfarlane message board and read what is going on with these.
Apparently the McFarlane company ran a "lottery" for their dealers. The more product they bought, the better their chances of gettting one of the Super Chases. They ran this "lottery" for 10 of them while the other 10 went to god knows where. The winners of this "lottery" were notified that they had won and that a Super chase would be in one of their cases. If you look at the ebay sellers name, you will see that it is a big time McFarlane dealer. So, did he open his cases untiol he hit the big one and then sell of the rest? And you guys thought UD and Topps had some shady business ethics.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
goldenegg1 said:
You should hop over on the Mcfarlane message board and read what is going on with these.
Apparently the McFarlane company ran a "lottery" for their dealers. The more product they bought, the better their chances of gettting one of the Super Chases. They ran this "lottery" for 10 of them while the other 10 went to god knows where. The winners of this "lottery" were notified that they had won and that a Super chase would be in one of their cases. If you look at the ebay sellers name, you will see that it is a big time McFarlane dealer. So, did he open his cases untiol he hit the big one and then sell of the rest? And you guys thought UD and Topps had some shady business ethics.

Meh..... that doesn't really bother me. Those big buyers of McFarlane figures deserve some little extra perks like this once and awhile. They are the guys that spend the money and are loyal to the company and mainly do this full time as a business. Give the big dealers half of them and put the other ten in random wal-mart cases or whatever. Even the ones that end up at retail are probably horded by the big collectors as well. I know at the Wal-Marts here in Calgary, theres usually 3 or 4 guys that hit all the wal marts first thing in the morning to grab the good McFarlanes. Their friends that work at the wal mart warehouse tip them off when they well be delivered to the stores and they are there as soon as the doors open.

ross9013

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I once found a Super Chase no helmet McNabb and the Boldin Chase figure at my shop a few years back. The owner didnt realize and put $15 stickers on all of them. :)

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
goldenegg1 said:

I personally find that super shady, especially the part about where they were notified that they were getting one of these things.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Groat said:
goldenegg1 said:

I personally find that super shady, especially the part about where they were notified that they were getting one of these things.

Nice to see companies can't even run promotions to boost sales these days without some yahoos running around talking about how shady it is.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
flightposite said:
Groat said:
goldenegg1 said:

Nice to see companies can't even run promotions to boost sales these days without some yahoos running around talking about how shady it is.

Aw jeez, so I'm supposed to defend my opinion now? I don't necessarily have a problem with the lottery in general, but the fact that the dealers were notified in advance that they'd be getting one of these special figures is the shady part. Most (if not all) of these dealers are liable to take the rare one out and sell it on ebay for some insane price. Even the words 'Super Chase' indicates that you have some chance of getting one of these from a store, but this really apparently isn't the case with these particular figures. McFarlane can do what it wants with their product. That doesn't mean their actions are ethical.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Groat said:
flightposite said:
Groat said:
goldenegg1 said:

Aw jeez, so I'm supposed to defend my opinion now? I don't necessarily have a problem with the lottery in general, but the fact that the dealers were notified in advance that they'd be getting one of these special figures is the shady part. Most (if not all) of these dealers are liable to take the rare one out and sell it on ebay for some insane price. Even the words 'Super Chase' indicates that you have some chance of getting one of these from a store, but this really apparently isn't the case with these particular figures. McFarlane can do what it wants with their product. That doesn't mean their actions are ethical.

10 to the stores, 10 to the dealers as a promotion... The more product you buy, the better the chance you have to win one. Obviously, if win, they are going to tell you, that is the whole point to why they bought more product. I just get a laugh when everyone is so ready to say that a company has been cheating their customers, even when it's a reputable company that has never had a history of doing wrong to anyone.

Pretty sure if they were crooked, the Babe Ruth limited to 3 would not have been found by the one guy on a peg at the store.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
flightposite said:
10 to the stores, 10 to the dealers as a promotion... The more product you buy, the better the chance you have to win one. Obviously, if win, they are going to tell you, that is the whole point to why they bought more product. I just get a laugh when everyone is so ready to say that a company has been cheating their customers, even when it's a reputable company that has never had a history of doing wrong to anyone.

Pretty sure if they were crooked, the Babe Ruth limited to 3 would not have been found by the one guy on a peg at the store.

Using the word cheating implies that they've broken some kind of rule. There are no rules in place to prevent or discourage anything like this, so cheating would be the wrong word. I just feel that it's not ethical to do what they're doing. Additionally, nobody indicated that Mcfarlane has wronged anybody in the past.

Really, what they're doing doesn't change my perception of the company at all. I don't think they're out to get anybody or anything, I just believe that this promotion is a little misguided.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I don't really know why it matters that the 10 people who get them were notified that they'd be getting one. If they weren't notified and received one anyways, they would still be able to tell that they got one once they opened up the box and saw that it was different from the other Sanders figures.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I have no problem with them dooing this as a promotion, but at least advertise it!
Why keep it hush hush if it isn't shady?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts