Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CUP 08/09 Images, Fake Patch image archive is on the way!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Gomaz is now DONE photographing all of the 08/09 Cup PATCH cards at the UD pack out and an image archive to combat fake patches is on the way. This is a HOBBY FIRST!!! Hopefully this all goes well and UD will continue to do this on all high end patches in the future!!

Heres some images from Gomaz from the Cup pack out. Thank you Gomaz!!

2jbmkap.jpg
21j85yr.jpg
154a6hk.jpg
hs95vn.jpg

2wmm1xk.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
A message from Gomaz on the image archive he and UD is working on...

Hi Everyone,

Securing the images of The Cup's patch cards was phase 1; the easy part. Phase 2 entails organizing all the images, since 95% of the shots I took contained mixed cards.

With that, I will not be accepting any requests for patch authentication, until phase 2 and phase 3 are complete. Phase 3 is developing and implementing a system to provide the authentication. Phase 3 is still undefined but will be sorted out while phase 2 is in progress.

While this is not the optimal situation due to time lag, it is certainly better than anything we, the hobby, have had before. That said, as I have now seen 99.9% of the patches from this product, if I see a patch that makes ME suspicious, I will sift through the images.

I think that it is also worth mentioning, in this thread, that having both myself and UD experience this process, could and hopefully does lead to its evolution towards the continued betterment of the hobby and integrity of our cards.

So, I know it will be tempting to ask me to look at patches. But please, please, please realize that I have a full-time career and need to ensure that I am not spending hours every day looking at my images. I also nee dto continue to enjoy the hobby the way I always have, and that takes time.

I obviously want to help, but until phase 2 is complete, I will be unable to. So with that, in the interest of security, please ensure that you maintain records of who you purchase patch cards from while I am working at phase 2 and 3. At least then you may still have some recourse, as you will have evidence of lack of authenticity.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy aka Gomaz

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
That 2nd pic from the top plays a nice optical illusion when scrolling down. haha.

Gotta love the project overall, cards look awesome too.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Although a hobby first, I do believe it will be quite succesful and be a stepping stone to something better.

I hope the word can get out to the general public that do not browse forums.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
adamcm said:
I hope the word can get out to the general public that do not browse forums.

Hopefully yes. I do know that there is gonna be an article on this in the insiders edge card magazine in the next month or so.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Those cards look simply amazing. Heck, I do believe that if the general public is simply given a chance to browse those images it would help sales of the product.